Grand Prix 2024 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

i hope that this gives team principals chance to give youngsters ago. you look at how good russell, norris, albon, lawson & piastri have done. so give some talent from F2 ago. as harsh as it sounds there are drivers that have had there day

but on genuinely unrelated point. im worried about riccardio we saw from last yr with de vries how quickly pressure can accumulate & thats 2 weekends were tsunoda been better. for alot he was racing in last

What a big mistake Ferrari has done signing Lewis. Merc was probably right to drop him and foist him on Ferrari. They can't sign Bearman for next year and they'll lose him...

I would think he would go to Haas, if Ferrari want to keep him, Audi could take him on loan whilst they still have Ferrari engines for a year, as good as he is perhaps a year in a less high profile team will give him time to fully acclimatise in F1, then if Lewis doesn't perform Ferrari

The season is a bore fest because Verstappen won without a sweat

Bearman is going Haas I think Hulkenberg may replace Bottas for the new Audi team

Mercedes - they ve got some serious work to do

What a big mistake Ferrari has done signing Lewis. Merc was probably right to drop him and foist him on Ferrari. They can't sign Bearman for next year and they'll lose him...
Bearman is definitely going Haas now as Hulk is going to Audi or KMag dropped.

He is their next Leclerc

Bearman is definitely going Haas now as Hulk is going to Audi or KMag dropped.

He is their next Leclerc
i hope this is the thing that gets them to trust in youth you look at what russell, albon, Norris & Piastri have done. the idea that Piastri wouldn't be on the grid unless he had done what he did. is sacrilegious

for me i would replace magnussen, Bottas, Zhou, Sargeant & controversially at the moment Riccardo in 2025. for maloney, Doohan, Porchaire, Bearman & Lawson

"What an incredible battle for 12th place". Commentary moment of the weekend which sums up the current state of F1.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I despise the current state of F1 commentary for this very reason.

Sky need to sell a product. We all know it's a total farce on track. We all know that DRS is a stupid gimmick. We all know that the second Max hits the first corner in P1 the race is over, yet the commentary team have to keep screaming away as if everything is all sunshine and lollypops.

Take Perez overtaking Charlie, moments after Karun had just finished telling everyone how DRS gives the driver an extra 20kmh, Crofty tried to criticise Charlie for making it too easy for Perez to get by. Even Karun had to say at that point that thanks to DRS there was sod all the Ferrari could do about it.

I can think of numerous football matches where the commentators say exactly what the majority of viewers are thinking, if a game is as dull as dish water they'll let you know.

F1's viewing figures are tanking almost everywhere. Down 20 percent in Germany last year and down 30 percent in Italy. Previously 2 of F1's strongest markets. Even the laughable up tick in America viewers only accounts for an average audience of just over 1 million there.

If it wasn't for us F1 zombies still watching races despite saying it's all utter bollocks, the sport would be absolutely on its back.

I think they're desperately trying to crawl over the line to yet another set of rule changes in 2026 praying that they still have a global audience left by then. At that point they may finally do something about the performance inequality.

Until then we'll just have to sit back and enjoy Crofty screaming his lungs off.

If it wasn't for us F1 zombies still watching races despite saying it's all utter bollocks, the sport would be absolutely on its back.

I think they're desperately trying to crawl over the line to yet another set of rule changes in 2026 praying that they still have a global audience left by then. At that point they may finally do something about the performance inequality.
dominance isnt a problem when you have 2 good drivers like prost/senna.races were 60/40 like mercedes 2014-16. at least its watchable then but if you add ferrari 2 most dominant seasons together they won 30 of 35 races. red bull have just won 33rd of the last 35 races. never did i think i would see the day when schumacher dominance would be surpassed. F1 still feels the affects of that to this day

i dread what state F1 is going to be in by the end of this season. because if even your hardcore fans are struggling your going to have problems & sky sports will be asking questions soon. if not already, as they have every right to say to liberty we havent shelled out 1.2 billion for a forgone conclusion. because as we know viewing figures are down so advertising revenue will go down

The tracks they go to is because the host is willing to give $$$$. This is one track where the safety car does not really gain anyone strategically if you stay out such is the low deg.

sky sports will be asking questions soon.
The very thrust of my point. They should be asking questions now. Not in a cigar smoke filled back room where they moan about how much they've paid for a foregone conclusion but on camera. They should be the voice of the viewer calling out the crap. Then Liberty would have to sit up and take note.

The new DRS 1st lap rule is working out though, Red Bull can get to 1-2 in the race quicker now so we can ignore them and pretend 3rd is 1st.
BTW did anyone see the performance from the Ferrari rookie? Forget his name, wasn’t really mentioned. I thought he looked promising, especially when likened to Nick de Vries.

Last edited:
Aint Sky,s contract up soon? I think when the BBC had it the coverage was enough.

because they did not wsmt TNT or Apple getting it

Back
Top Bottom