2024 silly season

I think the amount of people in the US who knew Sato was pre his indy 500 win would have fitted in a Phone Box.

However I know Drive To Survive is popular in the US so Danny Ric is probably much better known. The makers of that show love him so they'll prob make a spinoff called "Danny Does Dallas" or "Drinking from a Different Shoe" to follow his move to US.

His name may be known but I think big coup is probably over doing it.
by indycar standards it would. abit like entertaining spanish GPs. the bar isnt high. this is a series that made a big deal about Marcus Ericsson & a ancient Rubens Barrichello

i might be wrong but if he went i think he would be the 1st F1 race winner to go to indycar for a full season. since Mansell

Thats a good pub quiz question. In my head I think Villeneuve went back for a year. I might be wrong on that one. Can't think of anyone else that might fit the bill

Helmut likes to stir sh*t, but even Peter Bayer confirmed a decision will be made during the summer break.

“Really what we want to try and achieve is go quietly into the summer break and then have a discussion between – it will be Helmut. It will be Christian, it will be Laurent, it will be myself and even the shareholders might be interested in the final decision. But it will be quiet and without any haste.”

Red Bull and RB set summer break meeting to discuss Ricciardo’s future

On the other hand, I think they are waiting as well to see if Max will leave RedBull after all or not...

Last edited:
On the other hand, I think they are waiting as well to see if Max will leave RedBull after all or not...
thats true, as i think they arent 100% confident & as brundle said, even though he said yes in a interview it took a few questions to push for the yes & he seemed non committal

but riccardio for me would only being kept to be expierenced head as tsunoda would be internal choice for that seat

i was going to put it on F2 but its more suitable here

the issue with Antonelli as i say alot, he came into this talked about being the best youth driver since max or lewis hamilton. im sure you can have a look further on F2 for my season preview. but he supposed to better than leclerc, russell & norris. when you see his results & continues to be almost guaranteed a seat next season whether that is mercedes or williams

i continue to think, of what are the F1 teams seeing something we aren't. because barring a few sparks. like front row at Melbourne & 4th in imola. he is hugely underwhelming 9th in championship (should be 10th if bearman had taken part in saudi or stalled while leading in the pits at imola) & you look at his last 4 races 7th 15th 12th 15th & 16th on grid tomorrow. if this a Victor Martins or a Jak Crawford they would be nowhere near F1

i was going to put it on F2 but its more suitable here

the issue with Antonelli as i say alot, he came into this talked about being the best youth driver since max or lewis hamilton. im sure you can have a look further on F2 for my season preview. but he supposed to better than leclerc, russell & norris. when you see his results & continues to be almost guaranteed a seat next season whether that is mercedes or williams

i continue to think, of what are the F1 teams seeing something we aren't. because barring a few sparks. like front row at Melbourne & 4th in imola. he is hugely underwhelming 9th in championship (should be 10th if bearman had taken part in saudi or stalled while leading in the pits at imola) & you look at his last 4 races 7th 15th 12th 15th & 16th on grid tomorrow. if this a Victor Martins or a Jak Crawford they would be nowhere near F1
Just because you are good in junior level does not mean you are going to good in F1 as Murray Walker use to say see Jan Magnussen or Trulli

As for Antonelli, they've seen his progression which is why Aron left or got dropped. This was on the basis the team was going through a rebuild transition but the last few races have shown Mercedes are not miles off so the expectation would be too much.

It has to be said Prema for once have got the car wrong for F2

Going back to Ricciardo is he worth hanging on to lose Lawson because if he has a wretched start next season , then do you hang onto him and now deny Hadjar progression?

Then what if Perez continues his slump because I expect Ferrari to be stronger then Red Bull will replace him with?

Back
Top Bottom