Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

I did wonder about the seatbelt being loosened - I remember Tiff Needell getting disqualified after loosening his seatbelts after a race. (Back in the day of Top Gear Motorsport)

Max’s move on Lewis was not acceptable and should have had a 5 sec penalty but at least they did not touch and maybe just maybe Max will know he’s been lucky today not to finish third. Keep it between the lines Max.

`nope who am I kidding he will do it again if he has the chance.

Not sure that Verstappen was making the apex.
1636926578929.png

i felt Sat post DQ, Hamilton needed the drive of his life & that was incredible 1 of his greatest drives up there & on a par with that outstanding drive in 2008 british GP. as ive said a few times how anyone who has watched F1 for at least can ever say "its the car" about him is baffling. i dont know. he has proven his quality numerous times you struggle to compile a definite top 10 of Hamilton drives as you would have to leave 5 great ones out

i dont dislike either Hamilton or Max. ive tried to stay neutral, because i just want to see a great championship battle as we been starved of it for too long 2014 was the last 1 to go to a finale & 2010 last proper interteam 1 to go the distance. & ive enjoyed both over the years, because they have liven up otherwise dull afternoons. but Verstappen he crossed the line. because if the 1st move was controversial, which in my opinion he should be penalised because he knew what he was doing, although in hindsight it was good it wasnt because it was better to see the winning move happen on track, the 2nd isnt you shouldnt weave like he did & get away with it

barring post disqualifcation but thats only because nobody expected this comeback, lewis is good but we didnt think he was that good. but now im sticking in the minority, that this title will go down to abu dhabi. because as i said there is always a twist & a driver winning the 1st world title has rarely if ever been straight forward. also i loved to see the passion from drivers & team principals
temp 2.gif

Last edited:
What a drive. That was incredible. I thought that was it with the wing penalty, championship over, then LEWIS turns in one of those races.

Max made no attempt to get round that corner, he made every attempt to put LEWIS off the track. Should have been a penalty if the stewards keep to there own rules, but I’m glad it wasn’t , it was sweeter playing out as it did.

I wonder if this will be the model by which lewis wins the championship. Take a 5 place penalty every race, and run with a new ICE every time dialed up to 100%. Given their reliability issues, it is not a bad idea. McLaren's had PU failures this race. Mercedes can't afford that.

It appears to me that the stewards have shown the world that race fixing in F1 is alive and well. Their persecution of Mercedes all weekend was nothing short of blatant. I wonder who was paying them

I wonder if this will be the model by which lewis wins the championship. Take a 5 place penalty every race, and run with a new ICE every time dialed up to 100%. Given their reliability issues, it is not a bad idea. McLaren's had PU failures this race. Mercedes can't afford that.
i think this is the anomaly as Qatar Saudi & renovated Abu Dhabi. are looking like going back to the tough to overtake circuits

F1Brits_90 - true - although there's less need for him to take a new engine each time - after all, the PU only has to do 4 events, whereas Max's will need to have done 7 events each...

I think that the rules really need rethinking... If you think about the advantage that taking a new PU gives you - you have extra power for (say) 3 events. In a marginal title-fight, this means you could gain 21 points from finishing 1st in the three (non-penalty) events. In the penalty event, if you can't overtake, you get a 17 point penalty... (Finishing 6th to your rival's 1st)

Last edited:
But Mercedes have two engines they can use, one with two races on the clock and one with one race and a sprint to, cover three races, you can re-use any old PU's or parts of a complete hybrid module to make your best unit. You can bet Mercedes will have a couple of cobbled together best bits engines at every race.

taking poetic licence here. putting a theory out there. i know Micheal masi & stewards say they treat every incident the same. but did they think of the spectacle because as the majority view they shouldve been given a penalty but glad they werent as we got to see it settle on track & not robbed of it like canada 2019.

did the stewards gamble that Hamilton won win the race for the sake of the show

Back
Top Bottom