Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

for me 13 -15 seconds looks damning to me. clearly doesnt have required lock & on 14 seconds for me its looks like he looks over & then when hamilton is forced off then he sticks on full lock

The other option is that his ambition outweighed his talent and going to full lock would have made him skid/spin out of control, collecting Hamilton for certain.

The other option is that his ambition outweighed his talent and going to full lock would have made him skid/spin out of control, collecting Hamilton for certain.
That's pretty much what Verstappen has claimed. He said he braked later, missed the apex and didn't have the traction to take a tighter line. He knew there was a wider run off and he feels he prevented am accident which he claims taking a tighter line would have led to.

Selective application of penalties should never happen.

The stewards will have a hard time penalising any other driver for a similar incident and I would expect the team to appeal if they were.

Given RB's spurious review request after Silverstone, a penalty for them resulting from actual new evidence would be hilarious.

Just another day in the panto that is F1!

Mercedes have requested a review of the incident, due to the new footage being available.

Good for them.

This is great. If it works that will swing second place to Bottas and reduce the brat's lead by 3 points.

This is great. If it works that will swing second place to Bottas and reduce the brat's lead by 3 points.

Happy Birthday Christian...... LOL

sad.jpg

I'm not sure that the regulations would allow it - as notification of an investigation needs to be within 15 minutes of the incident (during the race). As such, the only penalty could be a grid-penalty at the next race...

this does conflict me. because i think you couldnt complain if penalty was given verstappen knew what he was doing & hoped to get away with it. he had no intention of losing the lead & by hook or by crook he was going to keep the lead. also hard enough to overtake as it is. do you want to stop around the outside moves if shoving them off track becomes acceptable

but like i said in the other sprint races. the controversial moments are normally what make the best viewing. & that wheel to wheel action is what made Bahrain the best season opener that i could remember, if like canada 2019 you give a 5 seconds penalty your not only punishing the offending driver in the lead. the race has been "ruined" as its become a damp squib where Hamilton stays with 5 seconds & win the race. we dont get that fabulous moment

verstappen knew what he was doing & hoped to get away with it. he had no intention of losing the lead & by hook or by crook he was going to keep the lead.

Verstappen had no intention of losing the lead, you might as well have said he is willing to take a driver out at all costs. Until he losses his brattish, why are their other cars on track attitude, then he isn’t going to get any better as a driver.

It would give Hamilton 3pts back that he would have had if he was not disqualified

Michael Masi is proving to be an incompetent Race Director.

Mercedes could not say they created the evidence..maybe for good measure they should get ALEX albon to demonstrate the line Verstappen should have taken into that corner in a Red Bull.

Looking at the video he deliberately did not turn in ..it will hinge on whether the corner was actually Hamilton's or not

Whilst you can park block surely you have got to be making the corner ..the fact he went about 3 metres into the escape road shows he made no attempt to make the corner so that deserves a another penalty

I very much doubt it will come to anything especially as Hamilton made mincemeat of Verstappen a few laps later.

They will take Verstappen's line that had he turned in harder and tried to make the apex his back end would have stepped out and he would have hit Hamilton.

Everyone knows Verstappen ran Hamilton out of track but nothing more will be done.

There is a line between let them race to deliberately putting another at risk with no intention of making the corner ..remember how Rosberg got punished for doing the same thing to Hamilton in Austria as his line was so far away from the lap before

Back
Top Bottom