Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

Once the rule change to floor was introduced for this season, it was game over for Mercedes. Considering how far off they were in Bahrain in pre season testing, and if it wasn’t for Hamilton the season would have been over months ago.
That I can agree with. And that was long overdue. The FIA has always worked to level the playing field throughout F1 history. Mercedes just managed to stay a step ahead of whatever they threw at them until now. Next season is going to be interesting.

Il_leone - probably not ahead of the sprint, but if he fails to make much progress in the sprint, then I see no reason that they can't throw a complete new PU, gearbox, everything at the car for the race, and start from the pitlane...

I wonder who this was aimed at.
284DA84A-CD4D-4E9A-A656-7FCAD9D26FA7.jpeg

And that imperceptible to the human eye gap couldn’t have been caused by a human (with a history of aggression) hand?
Hmmm.
Horner claiming the tests aren’t good enough was hilarious given the flexi front wing era that clearly flexed but passed every test.

As I understand it, DRS adds an additional 10-12 kph by the end of the activation zone.

The maximum opening permitted is 85 mm.

0.2 mm is 0.236% of 85 mm.

Taking the higher value of 12 kph and assuming a linear correlation between maximum opening and additional speed gained, 0.2mm would equate to an extra 0.03 kph; i.e. no measurable gain.

Still, the rules are the rules.

If I was Mercedes I would have asked to see the calibration sheet for the measuring devices and also ask what the tolerances are ;)

There is absolutely nothing more vomit inducing in the whole of sport than Christian Horner with his smug mode turned up to 11.

It's probably the only occasion I want to stick my foot through the TV screen.

He has a face that I would never get bored of slapping.
Luck swings around and I am thinking of an Adelaide 1986 moment for Red Bull .. the only Red Bull driver to receive real heartache is probably Mark Webber in 2010 so they can't be lucky

i said Hamilton need 1 of his greatest drives of career & he pulled that out. it was outstanding. when you think bottas in italy over a race distance, effectively got to 5th without Lewis & Max Crash. to get to 5th is far beyond expectations of anyone. i was expecting him to start 15th-17th not 10th

some of that driving was brilliant, mad to think he finished 12 seconds ahead of 4th & only a second behind 3rd. hugely impressive but 20th to 5th is tough but 10th - 2nd/3rd is going to be much tougher they are going to need bottas to win as that would be almost best case scenario as mercedes were worried about 24/25pts behind into Qatar. Max 2nd & Hamilton 3rd. it would be 22pts

so unlucky & frustrating as its not even entire DRS just the edges. but annoyingly like in tennis or football if ball is 0.2mm over its a goal or out its black & white

That sprint race, sorry qualifying was a great advert for reverse grid qualifying
id love to see the sprint race being a separate championship with the grid being set with main championship standings reversed. because whats the sprint for if its not for entertainment. also if the teams know the have to overtake they will have cars that follow better as its in there interests & that makes the whole of F1 better

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom