Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

As much as I'm disappointed with the penalty Hamilton has received it will make for a more interesting and entertaining race. It does also gives us all the pleasure of listening to the double standards which all the F1 team principles roll out when it is their team being or not being punished for transgressing the rules.

There is absolutely nothing more vomit inducing in the whole of sport than Christian Horner with his smug mode turned up to 11.

It's probably the only occasion I want to stick my foot through the TV screen.

He has a face that I would never get bored of slapping.
It was Red Bull who whined about the wing

Just to add to the "Kicking Wolff in the little Wolfcubs"...

Frankly, he's got a point. If a car fails a test under the technical regulations after qualifying, they should always be disqualified. I'd also suggest that if a car has to replace a part under Parc Ferme having failed during qualifying, then they have to start from the pitlane. After all, the point of Parc Ferme is to prevent teams from changing anything on the car between the start of qualifying and the end of the race!

the sprint race is growing on me at the moment as a spectacle. because all 3 races have been average (or wouldve been if Lewis was legal) but fair play to the entire schedule its made for a interesting race later & Britain/Italy were great taces

Just to add to the "Kicking Wolff in the little Wolfcubs"...

Frankly, he's got a point. If a car fails a test under the technical regulations after qualifying, they should always be disqualified. I'd also suggest that if a car has to replace a part under Parc Ferme having failed during qualifying, then they have to start from the pitlane. After all, the point of Parc Ferme is to prevent teams from changing anything on the car between the start of qualifying and the end of the race!
Totally agree with Wolff. But he should do something about it. Protest the Red Bull car from Mexico. Have the race result reversed.

that was a fascinating gridwalk interview with Brundle & Toto. because I was thinking sour grapes. as rule is effectively if you dob yourself in this is has broke or we think this will fail the test before FIA scruinteer the car you can change with no penalty. but if like friday they arent notifed & you failed. its disqualification

but if its his claim is true that red bull have used the above rule to change the same 3 or 4 parts on rear wings between qualifying & race on the last 3 weekends. does sound dodgy. are red bull having the old qualifying & race set ups

Channeling his inner Senna today.
1636918249346.png

Hamilton is under investigation for loosening his safety harness on the way to the pits.

Edit: He has been fined €5,000 with an additional €20,000 suspended until the end of 2022.

Back
Top Bottom