Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

Having avoided the result until now, I enjoyed that.

Not this obvs. but the rest, yup.

apex.jpeg

It just goes to show unless Hamilton yields then they have a crash. I’m beginning to think that we could be in for a Suzuka 89, 90, Adelaide 94 or Jerez 97 in a few races to time to decide the championship.
Unless Hamilton has a lead going into the final race I suspect that's exactly what will happen. Nothing Verstappen has shown so far makes me doubt that he will take Hamilton out to win the championship. Let's hope if it comes to it, it ends up as a Schumacher Villeneuve scenario.

If Hamilton is on the inside and a front to rear touch by Hamilton like Silverstone then Hamilton will have an 80% chance of winning the collision, the stewards are another matter, in any outside attempt by Hamilton, Verstappen will take him out especially if Verstappen is leading the championship. The FIA are not intrested in eight WDC wins, they want a new champion, Hamilton is not Schumacher, he has no political clout, doesn't drive for Ferrari and has upset the powers that be, there may be other reasons.

taking poetic licence here. putting a theory out there. i know Micheal masi & stewards say they treat every incident the same. but did they think of the spectacle because as the majority view they shouldve been given a penalty but glad they werent as we got to see it settle on track & not robbed of it like canada 2019.

did the stewards gamble that Hamilton won win the race for the sake of the show
I don't think they have that level of sophistication. They're just idiots.

I think they tought it would go on until one of their tyres gave and had to pit while the other limped across the line should it have happened at a late stage

Would anyone like to Verstappen and Red Bull get a dose of their medicine...apparently the decision not to punish Verstappen was because they were missing the forward facing camera ie the cockpit to see if Verstappen tried to make the corner.

Now Bottas was less than 5 seconds behind so if they can prove it Red Bull will lose 2nd and 3pts.

Otherwise Michael Masi must be the most incompetent race director he's gifted Red Bull 8pts

apparently the decision not to punish Verstappen was because they were missing the forward facing camera ie the cockpit to see if Verstappen tried to make the corner
What a load of nonsense.

They have all of the telemetry available, plus footage from numerous other cameras.

I wasn't referring to the footage from the so called missing camera, I was referring to all of the other footage.

Not to mention the telemetry.

The failure to investigate and punish Verstappen for what was a deliberate attempt to force another driver off the circuit, is just one of the many reasons why F1 is a corrupt pile of crap.

Regarding the missing camera footage from Verstappen's car:
Admitting the forward-facing shots from the Red Bull could “potentially” have been definitive, Masi, quoted by The Race, said: “We didn’t have access to it.”

He also said the footage will be reviewed retrospectively along with other angles that were not available at the time.

“It hasn’t been obtained but it’s been requested,” said the Australian. “That will be downloaded and we’ll have a look at them.”

Furthermore:
As the incident was merely noted and not investigated, it meant the stewards will not have reviewed the telemetry from Verstappen’s car highlighting his corner entry speed, braking point and steering inputs.

The whole thing stinks.

I would dearly love to see every driver Verstappen tries to overtake act like verstappen does. There has to come a point where other drivers will push back against his antics.

According to Jonathan Noble on Twitter, the broadcast feed from the cars can only show 1 camera at a time and at the moment of the incident Hamilton's forward facing and Verstappen's rear facing camera's were selected. The forward facing feed from Verstappen's car would apparently not be available until all of the data was downloaded after the race.

Noble argues that the very fact the forward facing camera picture from Verstappen's car wasn't available should have triggered an investigation of the incident to show that it wasn't deliberate.

Meanwhile, Verstappen has admitted he was nowhere near the apex of the corner and that he drifted wide to prevent an accident because he'd already braked later than Hamilton and didn't have the grip on worn tyres. Err, yeah, ok.

:facepalm:

I would dearly love to see every driver Verstappen tries to overtake act like verstappen does. There has to come a point where other drivers will push back against his antics.
it reminds me of incident brundle always talks about with senna in F3 where he would purposely put you in a situation where you either both crash or you stay behind. Hamilton realised this in spain?? that if you tried to be the bigger man your always going to be on losing side because sometimes you need to crash to put the consequences in his head

Last edited:
I think Vestappen would crash a lot more if there weren't acres of run-off for the other driver to dive into, if it was track-kerb-gravel then he likely would have been in a crash on lap 1 turn 1 as Bottas wouldn't have been able to bail out onto the run off and Verstappen would have speared into the side of him.

Back
Top Bottom