Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

if that is the case then that is effectively title over & might as well take a whole new unit as well. would be a big shame to have 1 of the great seasons ending on a damp squib

in Mexico i was very pessimistic but post Mexico until this investigation i was confident, i still think Lewis has a chance & this will go down to Abu Dhabi. the last 3 should suit them & when has the path to anybody 1st title ever ran smooth. nobody i can remember

there is always a twist 2007 2008 2010 2012 2014 it all seem sown up with Hamilton Massa Webber Vettel & Rosberg, but 4 of the 5 "favourites" chucked it away, Vettel to this day Red Bull dont know how he came through the field with a damaged radiator. there is always a twist, we just havent seen it yet

It strikes me that this is cut and dried for Hamilton - if his car was illegal, then it’s an instant disqualification from qualifying.

The twist of Verstappen being called to the stewards will probably be used to “level the playing field” - but the precedent of Hamilton and Vettel both “checking“ other cars for many years could come into play.

It strikes me that this is cut and dried for Hamilton - if his car was illegal, then it’s an instant disqualification from qualifying.

The twist of Verstappen being called to the stewards will probably be used to “level the playing field” - but the precedent of Hamilton and Vettel both “checking“ other cars for many years could come into play.
FIA really take parc ferme very seriously. i know from forums favourite person teds notebook LOL last weekend. that Micheal Masi really hated the car going on the podium because they were worrying about tampering & so FIA made it so 1 man job was that he never took his eyes off the red bull, while liberty had it until the car was released back

but is Vettel the precident different as ive only know him do it after the race which is different as parc ferme stop a few hours before the race

F1Brits_90 - I think that Mercedes won't be able to argue their way out of this one (particularly not blaming Verstappen). After all, a slight touch from an outside influence is nothing, when compared with the loads that the rear wing experiences at 200+ mph on the straight!

The Artist..... true it seems implausible but then wheels are the same. that the wheel is only designed to take loads 1 way & if it takes loads another it can break easily. you never know he could have push it further up manually than the electronics although

Bottas ' Wing passed the test.. Hamilton's did not so he would be at the back of the grid for the sprint not the race

If I was Mercedes I would give him new parts to everything because he can't be further back

I can't believe how long the stewards take over their decisions... Frankly, these sorts of decisions should be cut and dried:
  • Was Hamilton's car legal? No.
  • Could Verstappen have changed something on the car. Probably not, but let's suppose yes.
  • Then, Hamilton's car would have a different technical failure - ability to change elements without tools...
Mercedes have been given a lot of leeway this season (as Red Bull have in previous seasons), and it now seems to be coming to the crunch...

On the Verstappen case, I think it's incredibly difficult to prove that Verstappen touched the car. One could always use one's fingers to measure the slot-gap, without touching the car...

If Mercedes claim that Verstappen broke the rear wing, then Red Bull just need to claim that Verstappen didn't touch the car...

They need to know which bit Verstappen touched .. the video does show that..but it creates doubt so prove its inconclusive tests

I am wondering if Verstappen would be called a cowardly liar or not?

Back
Top Bottom