Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s readily available Il_leone but this is the conclusion

Attachments

• 3C1B59C6-3B7C-4156-ACC0-228100578EA6.jpeg
    3C1B59C6-3B7C-4156-ACC0-228100578EA6.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 46
I think the first thing that needs to change is the teams being able to lobby the officials. They should of e allowed to comment when I voted to do so. Most sports are trying to remove this type of thing, which is like the players surrounding the Ref. I wonder if Masi's decision would have been different if he had not been talking directly to Horner or Wolff, in any race not just this one.

I wonder if Masi's decision would have been different if he had not been talking directly to Horner or Wolff, in any race not just this one.
That’s a certainty in this race surely, given they’d already determined that no lapped cars would overtake.

How do you charge the race director fir bringing the sport into disrepute?

I can see the following happening

The result will be reversed so Hamilton is champ saying the protocol not followed property to lap 56. Red Bull will protest

The result will stand and in that case Masi has to be sacked

They add the new rule the Race Director can only any but not all cars to pass under SC which is open to abuse
And that's exactly what has happened. Allowing only some but not all cars to unlap themselves is not treating everyone equally and if the rules do not apply equally to all then what is the point?

And that's exactly what has happened. Allowing only some but not all cars to unlap themselves is not treating everyone equally and if the rules do not apply equally to all then what is the point?
This is going to stir up the conspiracy theories then

Having read the Stewards report it is suggested that the race needs to finish under green flag. Surely the race should have bern red flagged then

Mercedes will appeal but I am not sure that will change the outcome

i think Masi position Is going to be rocky

but it was best worst option. as there was a chance that either the race wouldnt restart or verstappen would be behind 6 cars. now as i saying the other 18 cars dont matter he thought if they were together it was fairest way.

Hamilton was a sitting duck. but we always said that there risk averse nature would come back to bite them & it has today they were terrified of overtaking verstappen so stayed out like idiots.

Last edited:
Michael Masi is in an untenable position, he can basically decide on a whim who wins the races from now on. He has the sort of power that Max Mosley or Bernie Ecclestone could have only dreamed of.
but only because Mercedes left him out. they shouldve been straight on the radio to tell him to pit as soon as latifi was in the wall as there was time. as he was a sitting duck & no tyres compared to verstappen on qualifying tires

but only because Mercedes left him out. they shouldve been straight on the radio to tell him to pit as soon as latifi was in the wall as there was time. as he was a sitting duck & no tyres compared to verstappen on qualifying tires
It brings the question if the position were reversed would Masi have done the same thing

There was no guarantee that the safety would have gone in anyway if Hamilton had pitted. Also Red Bull retired Sergio Perez in the pits to avoid an extension of the safety car period. If Hamilton had pitted they could have left Perez to retire on track so Verstappen would have won by staying out.

It brings the question if the position were reversed would Masi have done the same thing
well yes i believe so but this was a scenario we may never see again. it took 9 years to get a season decider between 2 teams. & we all wanted to see sorted on track.

There was no guarantee that the safety would have gone in anyway if Hamilton had pitted. Also Red Bull retired Sergio Perez in the pits to avoid an extension of the safety car period. If Hamilton had pitted they could have left Perez to retire on track so Verstappen would have won by staying out.
they have said for long time even with Charlie whiting that they want to finish the race under a green flag as Much as they can, that might go to the 1998 Canadian GP when i remember vaguely the press said it was a bad look. & on lap 54? we didnt know perez had an issue because he pitted at the same time as max

The appeal will also be rejected / thrown out.

The FIA are never going to allow the result to be changed.
Mercedes need to have the minerals to do this properly and take it to a legal hearing at CAS.

For far too long the FIA has been all of Judge, Jury, Prosecution and Defence.

You're absolutely correct Brogan, there is zero chance that the FIA will overturn their own decision. They can in no way be independent presiding over their own court of appeal.

The time has come to take them to the court of arbitration for sport and do this properly. Shake the system up. Even if Mercedes then lose it will have been heard and decided properly.

They need to prove beyond doubt the race director was wrong...this is the first if its kind that I remember

Not sure how they can prove Masi's incompetence?

If it does not happen before hand then I think after the appeal unless the FIA back him , Masi must resign because every decision he makes will be under serious scrutiny if he balls up

Off course if they want a Christmas break they will call it off

They need to prove beyond doubt the race director was wrong...
48.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.

That's all cars that have been lapped not just the four between the leader and second.

Also, these cars should make their way around and join the back of the pack.

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever Masi was wrong and did not follow the letter of the law.

There are only two messages he can send.

All lapped cars can overtake or No lapped cars will be allowed to overtake.

It's as if the Ref in a football match opts to give a player already on a yellow card, half a yellow instead of a full one to prevent him being sent off.

I think I would have actually preferred it if Verstappen had smashed Hamilton off at turn one. It would have been racing to type and we've seen that all before. We would have screamed at the TV and the gone "oh well, Hamilton will get him next year"

But this joke, total bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom