Football 2019 - 20 Football Season

yes that is the shock of the season, I never expected Liverpool to go unbeaten because I felt like they would lose 1 game this season but that I thought would be man city at ehihad. but watford have been very good, when i saw them on boxing day the 1st thing i said was watford wont be get relegated this season

i was having a chat at work about the restart. it was only a few hrs later. i realised the how ludicrous what i was saying was & how ridiculous 2016 me would find it all

as it was discussion on the Premier league & turned to utd hopes what we could do. said something like "well champions league not out of reach 4th unlikely but possible with a good run & luck. if man city get banned well its becomes very probable. but europa league looks like what we will get."

this is the line that topped it all "well how this season has gone. it would be a disappointment if werent playing Europa league football at least next season" i thought later that night. what have we become can you imagine under Adkins when we were getting battered by Shrewsbury that im saying no European football would be a disappointmentROFL

agree with that. it didnt help the intensity as it felt quite flat & like a pre season friendly. the atmosphere does make a big impact on a games tempo.

i still believe it was main reason why sheff utd beat brentford in aug 2017 & palace in aug 2019. crowd dragged them over the line

but 3 months later. its still same old crap, what is it with blades & technology. robbed by yet again lost count. because where on earth was Goal Line Tech & where was VAR. as usual VAR quick to meddle when nobody asked when someone armpit was offside. but nowhere to be found when it actually needed & incident it was brought in for. >:(

yes its highly disappointing start because of the hopes that have been building over the break. weve lost that positivity we had we seem a bit too negative at times + some bad luck for a win we probably didn't deserve. 2 shots on target in 1st 2 games was shocking im not sure we had a chance in open play. Stevens had footballing yips v Newcastle. 2 strikers screaming was scared to get it in for some reason. then 2nd half very disappointing & how we spiralled from the red card but then 20 mins in. we beat ourselves & like too often own worse enemy

i wondered if the reason is psychological for our poor start. but for most of the season what we did was a bonus on the crest of a wave with nothing to lose. as we were staying up & making every pundit eat their words but now all the national media discussing if we can make Europe/champions league. has now given the player something where they feel for the 1st time they have something to lose

i cant be too critical tonight. i thought we played well tonight. 1st half competed well most postive of the 1st 3. but they scored 3 very good goals. we more threatening than in last 2 games. we came up against a £600m million team. seemingly high on confidence with a rejuvenated pogba, quality Fernandes. brilliant strikers in rashford & martial. who have hugely underachieved on paper shouldnt be 40pts behind liverpool & 20 off man city. because on paper & reputation they should be challenging for the title as that the front 6 at the peak is as good as the top 2. proven by solskjaer beating man city 3 of out the 4 games theyve had this season

Awww, let them have their day. You're only as good as your last season anyway.

Klopp has done a great job with that side and I tip my hat to that.

We all know that Liverpool fans can get a little over the top but it will soon die down.

im not too upset about it. its taken a while. congrats to liverpool. undoubtedly the best team in the country. play entertaining football but then im a big fan of klopp loved him at Dortmund. my (2nd) favourite premier league manager as hes a great guy on & off pitch. extremely passionate & you could see in sky interview how much it means to him. job he has done to transform that club in 3 yrs to get 97pts & Champions league now this. its remarkable

Klopp reminds me of Wenger in 97/98. turned around a big club, playing attractive football & taking on 1 of great PL sides & winning the title

F1Brits_90 I would imagine you are not happy with the way the blades have returned to footy after lockdown?

watching soccer Saturday in gap between F1 & Indycar. seems right to throw the question back at you. your on a disastrous run. since the restart 4 games 4 defeats. which as i know is bad enough but looks like you were 5 games without a win before & no win since 12th February

F1Brits_90

Our manager has been given the heave ho. Right decision as we'd gone as far as we could with him.

The return from the suspension has seen us losing 4 on the bounce and we haven't won in 8. He's run out of ideas and finally, enough was enough.

Interesting to see where we go from here.

That sounds like a typical Cardiff performance there F1Brits_90 .

there are plenty on blades forum who hold grudge with Neil warnock. that probably werent fans of his before. which always surprises me considering he's a Sheff utd fan + successful & transformed the club in his time.

but when he charged down the touchline. many utd fans still dislike him

cider_and_toast only just seen that he's been given his marching orders. but as you say it might be case of taken as far as you can go. because from outside it usual the same template. start well then in final 10 games fall away finish outside the playoffs. hughton is current fav. which would be a decent signing

Johnny Carwash Bournemouth look doomed, its a massive surprise how far eddie howe stock has plummeted 12 months ago he was linked with Everton Arsenal & potential successor to Gareth Southgate. now he could be unemployed. ive been hearing rumours of potential administration if they get relegated which wouldn't surprise me because the money they've spent wasted over the last few years on players that havent impressed or delivered. you cant be spending huge wages + £30.7m on transfers this year (£137.2m in last 4 yrs) when have 11,000 crowds. not get into financial issues. theyve got to be careful because as many teams have proved recently its very easy to drop from premier league to L1 in consective years

Back in the world of real football, Pompey are currently playing the second leg of their League One play off semi-final against Oxford. If they win I shall crow endlessly. If they lose I shall not revisit this thread until next season.

Back
Top Bottom