Poll 2017 British Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2017 British Grand Prix Out Of Ten?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 5 13.5%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 10 27.0%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you deny those comments, what is your alternative explanation for his non-attendance?

His was that he needed a holiday. Which thoroughly demonstrates all of the above.

Yet again, the crowd at Silverstone aren't the people I'm talking about; it's the London crowd that should be turning their backs en masse.

I could speculate on why Lewis didn't go to The London show, I can think of a few possible reasons, and they don't fit those comments in my view. But the decision was his.
As to his fans leaving en masse because he didn't go to the London event, that's something he'll have to accept. But I haven't seen evidence of it.

Which, I think, brings this epic off topic conversation neatly to a close.

By the way, I missed the GP and haven't found time to even catch up on the highlights so in terms of the vote, it's an n/a from me.

You really didn't miss a great deal. Find the highlights on C4 it will keep you entertained for about 15 or 20 minutes tops.

It would have been more, maybe even a five, but for me an unexciting race was finally ruined by tyres falling to pieces. They happened to be on the Ferraris which made it even worse as it could have a huge impact on the WDC. I am a little surprised that some people who I suspect might be Hamilton fans (true and/or fake ones) rejoicing at a car failure after all the things that they have said when Hamilton had failures.

Maybe I should write something here about who are real and who are fake F1 fans but I won't.:p

Oh, yes. I gave it 2.

Because I felt that there was little real racing but just enough to merit a 5 which was reduced because of the damage to the WDC which was not down to the driver Rutherford.

It would have been more, maybe even a five, but for me an unexciting race was finally ruined by tyres falling to pieces. They happened to be on the Ferraris which made it even worse as it could have a huge impact on the WDC. I am a little surprised that some people who I suspect might be Hamilton fans (true and/or fake ones) rejoicing at a car failure after all the things that they have said when Hamilton had failures.

Maybe I should write something here about who are real and who are fake F1 fans but I won't.:p

Oh, yes. I gave it 2.
Surely that is F1 racing, you have a car full of multiple parts, the tyres being one of them all working together to win a race, should you or your team overstretch one of those items in an attempt to gain a higher place and fail then the penalty is a lower place. There have been many examples where a driver has lost the win in driving beyond his and his cars capabilities in adverse conditions due to the pressure, either team or self inflicted, no I'm not a Hamilton fan, though my preference is always to hear the National Anthem played on the podium as opposed to non British onesLOL

But maybe not under such intense pressure? I mean like the pressure of being in the actual race, not the tyre pressure.

I understand the disappointment when tyres blow from your team or driver. I was distraught that time at Silverstone when they all started popping, and Lewis' did it when he was in the lead. Pirelli seem particularly inept at managing Silverstone......or maybe teams don't listen to their advice? Annoying anyway. And when several tyres go pop from different teams one tends to think it's a tyre issue. It seems it was mainly Ferrari this time, but Red Bull also appeared close to popping territory.

I'd get rid of Silverstone... I hate it, the 'new' layout is something I just can't get used to. I wonder which brainless architect built that pit lane too.

Oh I love Silverstone! And the loop is where I generally watch from these days. I agree about the pit lane. It's dismal. I used to like watching from the old pit lane but the new one is awful.

....I understand the disappointment when tyres blow from your team or driver. ..../QUOTE]

Ferrai is not "my team" and Vettel is not "my driver".

I would like to see the WDC won by a deserving driver in a car which was not the best at all, or preferably most, circuits. I do realise that this is unlikely but live in hope. What I do not like is when a great cheer goes up because a driver has had a mechanical failure not of his or the team's making whether he be Alonso, Hamilton. Schumacher or Vettel as has happened when I have been at some races.

Okay, just when tyres blow regardless of who it happens to. It's shitty. But it happens, just like gear boxes give out and engines go bang.
But if you overstretch the tyres or flat spot them, or push them beyond the limit, then they are more likely to pop.

Nothing I have heard indicates that they did.

"But Bottas was the cause of Ferrari’s problems as his pace meant that they were pulled into a mentality of doing one stop, when they – like many others -had thought that this would be a two stop race. Add to that the fact that Vettel undercut Verstappen by making an aggressive early pit stop and it’s clear that they were pushed to the limit. Vettel’s lock up exaggerated the problem and he paid the price."
Silverstone F1 2017: Lewis Hamilton vindicated? And what happened with Ferrari tyres?

That is speculation from a journalist, i have Bottas did mor laps on softs on a heavier fuel load. Vettel had a slow puncture. You dont like Vettel. I get it, you cheered when he had an issue. Thats fine by me.

It is speculation, but it's a pretty reasonable piece of speculation. Flat spotting a tyre that has gone longer than recommended by Pirelli is a likely cause of the puncture. Bottas didn't flat spot his. And perhaps the Mercs manage the tyres better?

I didn't like what Vettel did in Baku. Thats not the same thing as not liking Vettel.

Back
Top Bottom