Poll 2017 British Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2017 British Grand Prix Out Of Ten?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 5 13.5%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 10 27.0%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one was shouting on twitter. That's kindov tricky. They were commenting. I perfectly respect fans of Lewis to have their own opinions on the issue. But dont present the view of MSM as the view of all his fans, because it isn't the case.

I couldn't care less about the F1 live event

I've heard this a lot from people and it makes me scratch my head. Under Bernie people have always said its too expensive to get to races and the drivers are too apart from the fans. Liberty Media just made a big attempt to change that. Not only that they brought along a whole host of school kids to watch it for free and gave the chance for a lot of people who can't afford/justify going to Silverstone every year (hello! Public sector worker here! Won't be going in a hurry)to see drivers and cars close up.

It really was a big deal in reaching out to its fanbase and it shouldn't be underestimated. I can also guarantee that in 15 years time we'll have a driver on the grid saying going to the London even made him want to be in F1.

No one was shouting on twitter. That's kindov tricky. They were commenting. I perfectly respect fans of Lewis to have their own opinions on the issue. But dont present the view of MSM as the view of all his fans, because it isn't the case.

Firstly I Don't know what MSM is and secondly aren't you just presenting your view as the view of all fans by using the term 'real' fans? I respect your view that you Don't care he turned up. Please Don't suggest anyone who did care is less of a Lewis Hamilton fan by using the term 'real' fans.

Speak for yourself not a collective. You are not the Borg.

Last edited:
MSM is mainstream media. The daily Mail, the Sun, the mirror, the Guardian etc. They frequently delight in presenting Hamilton in a bad light. And that's what I meant by 'real fans' , I just meant his fans as opposed to what the Mainstrem media put forward.
I do speak for myself and I do respect the views of other supporters who may have been upset by Lewis not turning up. I hope I've clarified what I meant.
On your part perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions that what Hamilton says is fake...
Because with respect you have no idea how Hamilton feels about his fans,
'Hamilton's whole fake "best fans ever" '

And I have no idea what Borg is? Bjorn Borg is all I can think of.

Last edited:
Yes I meant Bjon Borg.

As for how Hamilton feels about his fans. You are right I have no idea. But then again neither do you. I thought it sounded fake after not turning up in London. Just my view as all things I post.

....also the view of all 'real' F1 fans (JOKE!)

The mainstream media present Hamilton in a bad light? What because they criticise him on occasions when it's appropriate, i.e. not turning up in London? You must be kidding us, they do the opposite.

The mainstream media present Hamilton in a bad light? What because they criticise him on occasions when it's appropriate, i.e. not turning up in London? You must be kidding us, they do the opposite.
No Im not kidding. And not thinking about the London incident. Read some of McEvoy's articles in particular.

James McEvoy, the bloke from X-Men? Not sure I really care about his opinion. Patrick "Shoey" Stewart though, that would be a different matter.

The thing is, it doesn't matter how beyond reproach you think your heroes are you will find negative press about them if you look for it.

I've heard this a lot from people and it makes me scratch my head.

Ah yes I see your point. To clarify, I'd have probably enjoyed being at the event if I'd had the time and inclination to go there, but that wasn't the case. Hence for me it was more 'some marketing fluff on the telly' than an F1 event, and it had zero to do with the WDC. Not to put the event down, I'm all for more opportunities for fans to engage, but I'm not really fussed what drivers do outside a racetrack area, and I've seen a few F1 cars before so not for me.

On your part perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions that what Hamilton says is fake...
Because with respect you have no idea how Hamilton feels about his fans,

Therefore, one must judge him by his actions. And his actions were that he felt it beneath his attention to attend a Formula One event in central London, where a lot of fans were congregated. And given the event's location and his prominence, I think it fair to say more people were there to see him than Marcus Ericsson (who showed up), Stoffel Vandoorne (who showed up) or Daniil Kvyat (who showed up).

It is the sense of entitlement that is most nauseating: special Lewis Hamilton is exempt from promoting Formula One; special Lewis Hamilton needs a holiday more than everyone else; special Lewis Hamilton can say '**** the fans' and let his opponents do all the work. He benefits more than all of those who showed up from the promotion of Formula One in Britain, but he genuinely can't be arsed to spend one evening assisting by doing something that thousands of people would give their right arms to do - drive a Formula One car up and down a road in London.

So the "MSM" criticised him for underselling the sport that made him abhorrently rich, and suddenly they're a #fakenewsmedia who're out to get Lewis Hamilton. (#MakeAmiltonGreatAgain) Well, I hope that the #fakefan who queued at London in the hope to see Lewis Hamilton at F1 Live, who can't afford to attend the British Grand Prix, who idolised him only to be snubbed by him (and I can't state this enough, him alone) didn't consider whether he would be considered a #realfan. I hope that fan cheered on Daniel Ricciardo or Max Verstappen or Sebastian Vettel at Silverstone, and I hope that fan stopped following Hamilton on Instagram and bought a Red Bull cap at the store.

It is an absolutely appalling attitude, and one that the likes of Hamilton often get away with. Nothing has made the phrase "Five-time World Champion Sebastian Vettel" more appealing than this fiasco, however.

Lewywo4 I know you are a big fan of Lewis and didn't like him not turning up for London. Do you feel like not a 'real' fan now?.

Hell no RaspitinLives............I'm still a huge fan of Lewis, and really hope that he can win the 2017 WDC., I think the fact that bothered me the most. This event was to take place in London, at home in front of his most strongest fan base, and how disappointing that would be too many, if he didn't show. The fact that he didn't see that, is what I found to be the most troubling..

Therefore, one must judge him by his actions. And his actions were that he felt it beneath his attention to attend a Formula One event in central London, where a lot of fans were congregated. And given the event's location and his prominence, I think it fair to say more people were there to see him than Marcus Ericsson (who showed up), Stoffel Vandoorne (who showed up) or Daniil Kvyat (who showed up).

It is the sense of entitlement that is most nauseating: special Lewis Hamilton is exempt from promoting Formula One; special Lewis Hamilton needs a holiday more than everyone else; special Lewis Hamilton can say '**** the fans' and let his opponents do all the work. He benefits more than all of those who showed up from the promotion of Formula One in Britain, but he genuinely can't be arsed to spend one evening assisting by doing something that thousands of people would give their right arms to do - drive a Formula One car up and down a road in London.

So the "MSM" criticised him for underselling the sport that made him abhorrently rich, and suddenly they're a #fakenewsmedia who're out to get Lewis Hamilton. (#MakeAmiltonGreatAgain) Well, I hope that the #fakefan who queued at London in the hope to see Lewis Hamilton at F1 Live, who can't afford to attend the British Grand Prix, who idolised him only to be snubbed by him (and I can't state this enough, him alone) didn't consider whether he would be considered a #realfan. I hope that fan cheered on Daniel Ricciardo or Max Verstappen or Sebastian Vettel at Silverstone, and I hope that fan stopped following Hamilton on Instagram and bought a Red Bull cap at the store.

It is an absolutely appalling attitude, and one that the likes of Hamilton often get away with. Nothing has made the phrase "Five-time World Champion Sebastian Vettel" more appealing than this fiasco, however.

But you are very selective about which actions you judge him by.

Hamilton invites Monger to British GP

I didn't call anyone a fake fan, I explained what I meant. And MSM treatment of Lewis Hamilton by far predates the London event as well you know. And having attended Silverstone, I can tell you, the fans weren't cheering for Sebastian Vettel , they were cheering for Lewis Hamilton, next up, Max Verstappen and Danni Ric is always popular with the Brits. But Lewis' fans are not so fickle and were out in force. Check out his instagram, and his Twitter and you'll find the numbers haven't diminished.

' beneath him' ? 'Sense of entitlement' ? ' can't be arsed?' You know this? This is why he didn't attend? I can't even begin to argue, there's no point.

Back
Top Bottom