Pre-Season 2015 Car Launches

I didn't spot the previous answer and for that I apologise. But in which way my own answer is impolite I have no clue :oops: I've provided plain answer :please:

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, the only actual rule change from last year is the new nose rules. So technically they could just stick a 2015 nose on the 2014 car. There will be some packaging issues for the revised 2015 engines which involve hacking at the carbon fibre here and there as well.

Of course the car would be dog slow as a result but they'd get something to the grid. You have to admire their determination but I can't understand why?

Yes, the nose, but not limited to the nose cone per se. The front bulkhead is 50mm lower by regulation, so sadly there is no way of making a 2014 chassis meet the rules.

Highlighting the part which said races in a season makes it sound like you were treating my question as imbecilic..
No. Only tried to highlight the key part. No question is imbecilic. it's impossible to include body language into internet discussion and people are susceptible to prejudice. I am sorry for that.

Back to the topic now.

No TomysF1 just wanted to check as I've heard the name before :)

You raised an interesting point. If Manor F1 turn up with their 2014 car in Melbourne but are DQ'd because it doesn't fit the regulations then have they fufilled their obligation of attending the GP and therefore are entitled to their prize money?

But Marussia weren't declared insolvant. They went into adminstration but have now come out of it before being declared insolvant. The name may have changed but by law the legal entity is the same.

I'm not so sure. They officially ceased trading. That's not administration that's insolvent. I wouldn't like to see the legal argument behind this one but I've got a feeling that Manor or what ever is left of them are on a hiding to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom