Pre-Season 2015 Car Launches

We're all under the influence of Hamilton and his new look. Got to be an expert in fashion if you want to be an F1 fan these days.

IMG_20150207_221552.jpg

What the Manor F1 car might look like after a mock up from the colours and logos on their new twitter page.

The Manor car that is currently being projected by them as being on the grid by China. The entry fee has been paid and accepted so as long as they can produce a car that fits within the 2015 regs they can be on the grid. They are also allowed to miss 3 Grand Prix. They say they are building a new car at it'll be ready by then. Whether they do it will remain to be seen. I for one hope they will just to annoy the other teams.

Also if they do have a 2015 regs car by China it'll just go to show how dumb not letting them run the 2014 car for a few races is.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, the only actual rule change from last year is the new nose rules. So technically they could just stick a 2015 nose on the 2014 car. There will be some packaging issues for the revised 2015 engines which involve hacking at the carbon fibre here and there as well.

Of course the car would be dog slow as a result but they'd get something to the grid. You have to admire their determination but I can't understand why?

I'll be amazed if they turn up at a race this season - they've lost most of their staff, their building and many other assets. It's almost like starting a team from scratch.

They have said they've already got staff from the failed Caterham Marussia projects working on the cars and have had since december. I agree though its a big ask and would be a surprise if they made it. A nice one though.

As for the 2014 car becoming the 2015 car I don't think its a simple as that cider_and_toast. From what I've read the ground clearence of the cars is fudementally different and its near impossible to convert their 2014 car to 2015 regs. Hence why they have applied to be able to use the 2014 chassie.

Lets not forget they are not starting from scratch though. The 2015 Marussia was already under way as you can see here:

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/2015-marussia-f1-design-revealed/

Unless I'm mistaken, the only actual rule change from last year is the new nose rules. So technically they could just stick a 2015 nose on the 2014 car.
And some safety related points.

For me, it would be interesting to see Manor attemting to register 2014 cars in Melbourne. Of course, they would not be accepted into Grand Prix weekend, technically. But comercially, they would be present :))

Back
Top Bottom