Pre-Season 2015 Car Launches

If they have come out of CVA as stated they are still the same legal entity and therefore still have thevsame rights, registrations and debts as they did before they went in. It just means the administrators have found a viable way to run the company with new investment so have brought it back to life. Using my knowledge from my work thats how I see it.

As Bernie was rallying round them recently the U-Turn surprises me.

I am not a lawyer, so I can't judge, whether Marussia was declared insolvent or not. But if it was, then it is clear, contractually, and what happens next is subject to Bernie's willingness to save Marussia. If it makes sense.

They only entered the CVA last week and it will write off a lot of debt, in order to make the company solvent. The CVA will have required a majority of creditors by value to agree its terms, which will have been assembled by the administrator and the company board. The company and all creditors will be bound by the CVA once it is voted in. They usually last a period of months or years. It is somewhat a last resort measure to prevent a company going insolvent, by significantly reducing its debts, allowing it to continue to trade, but under strict rules for both new/former creditors and the company....

So no, they are not insolvent, yet....

Thanks Grizzly I was pretty certain that was the case but you explained it better than I ever could.

So the question remains. If they turn up in Melbourne with a 2014 car that get DQ'd have they fuflied their obligation to be at the Grand Prix and does that mean they get their prize money?

Titch Bernie was set on that for a while but seems to have changed his tune on Marussia of late. Which means, I suspect, that Manor's new investors are people he wants to see pump money into F1

Last edited:
Are we still thinking that there is any sensible way of understanding what the heck is going on in Bernie Ecclestone's head. We humans cannot understand his alien thought process.

Of course Manor have always owned Murussia as it were they who first applied to enter F1 in 2009 they were accepted as Manor Grand Prix for 2010 but called themselves Virgin Racing for sponsorship reasons...

Well if Manor compete and say they also take the assets and liabilities related to Marussia... does that mean they will get the money then as well? I thought they would in that case

Whereas Brawn when they raced in 2009 said they were a completely brand new team and therefore forfeited any money from the previous years earned as Honda

Have we had the 2015 Force India yet? I've lost track. Anyway, they claim on twitter that this is it:

B-sEltNW8AAtK0p.jpg:large

[edit] and another:
1424866600.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom