2014 Car Launches

Looking more deeply at some of those creations one can't help thinking that some of the designers have been colluding to cook up some jokes as a stab at the establishment.*
*Which reminds me which lexicologist first put the "stab" in establishment - seems somehow appropriate, methinks :thinking:

I am warming to the Marussia. Let's hope it's not a dog, even a pretty one!

Marussia's Dog.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the history bit Bill Boddy . I had forgotten the character's name and not sure I ever knew the real story behind it. I remember it from the fact that it was ubiquitous and every new wall where I grew up suddenly seemed to get one ... for a while. Of course I never joined in :whistle:.

I'm watching Ted's Notebook and a couple of things stood out for me as he was showing pictures of all the cars:

1) The back of the Red Bull is tiny, they've clearly really pushed it to the limit.

2) The Ferrari, to me at least, looks like the most aggressive package. They seem to have found something with the cooling, with tiny sidepods and air box, and the shape of the whole car is very extreme. It was shown after the Mercedes and I was surprised to see the difference between the two.

Some of the pictures shown were from angles I haven't seen before and quite revealing, it's worth a watch.

Back
Top Bottom