2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Who was it that announced their drivers the first day of the second test a few years ago. One of the shit teams at the back :thinking:
That was spectacular incompetence.

only reason I see Mclaren announcing their driver line up that late is to wait on Ferrari announcing theirs because Vettel's contract with Red Bull ends at the end of the month

So Kimi may also be ditched or paid off I hope

Once Ferrari announce theirs then we can stop the guessing game

The Artist..... this is interesting that K Mag's option is going to expire because I would have thought Ron wants to keep him long term

---------------

Bill Boddy As for Mclaren 3rd cars - is there a possibility that they need to field Japanese driver in the 3rd car to offset the cost of building one to applease Honda

RoGro confirmed.

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 12.29.50.png

One theory I've seen expounded elsewhere (apologies if it's already been posted here and I've missed it) is that it's Hamilton's situation that is the cork in the bottle, not Alonso's or Vettel's. According to this theory, Ron wants Lewis back at Mclaren (while Honda want Alonso) not to mention that Fernando himself would no doubt want the Merc seat should Lewis not re-sign for them, so everyone is waiting for Lewis and Toto to sit down for their contract talks next week.

Drivers officially 'announced' as driving in next seasons championship

Merc - ___ & ___
RBR - DR & DK
Ferrari - ___ & ___
Williams - FM & VB
McLaren - ___ & ___
Lotus - PM & RG
ForceIn - NH & ___
Torro - MV & ___
Sauber - ME & FN
Marr - TBC & TBC
Cater - TBC & TBC

Last edited:
I guess some of the Hamilton / Merc contract talks will depend on what happens this weekend. Win the title and Hamilton would be on solid ground for improving his current deal.

But Hamilton's contract ends at the end of 2015 ! The only thing I can think is if Alonso wants to put in a clause to walk away after 1 season from Mclaren

Back
Top Bottom