2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Jenson can provide to more to any team than drivers with a big wallet just soldiering making numbers or drivers who take a big pay packet and don't seem to be achieving much

Ths is getting seriously confusing... what exactly is Alonso playing at? What with all that crap about his graand and exciting plans and his ongoing stuff about running a pro cycling team and not a peep of anything being announced... what on earh is going here? Is he planning to take over at McLaren or something?...

So far this silly season we've had:

massive announcements of unconfirmed signings.

No annoucements of any signings

Teams not confirming drivers they have signed because they are waiting until the end of the season?

Teams signing more drivers than they have confirmed spaces.

This has been one of the silliest seasons for years.

Some newspapers are reporting the contract is signed with Alonso and Mclaren. They are also reporting that he will be making the most money in the sports history.

yep I think Alonso has signed for Mclaren because there is not any denied stories anymore and Button is not exactly in fighting mood about his seat

Once Alonso confirms where he is then the rest will fall into place...although no one expected Prost to be sacked in 1983 at the end of the season which Mclaren quickly pounced on to sign from Renault

So strange things have happened in F1..I just wish someone sacks both Kimi and Maldonado

screenshot.191.jpg

Why does the 'media' always focus on the money involved?

If they were truly F1 connected couldn't they see that everyone could be a winner here?

The one thing that I can never understand in situations like this is that Alonso's given reason for leaving Ferrari was that they couldn't seem to field a competitive car. Then he demands the biggest paycheck in F1 history at his new team. As EVERY team has a budget, every dollar that goes to the driver (Alonso) is one less dollar to make sure the car is competitive!

It seems like an obvious conflict to me, and it appears that FA was more concerned about making even more money than in being sure the car will be competitive.

I would like to say that my ideal 2015 season will have Renault get their act together and Ricciardo in the Red Bull trounce all of the drivers that are playing musical chairs (ostensibly in pursuit of a more competitive car, but money is obviously a factor is all cases as well) plus the insufferably smug Mr Wolff and his minions.

Last edited:
well according to EJ

Red Bull and Ferrari will be allowed 3rd cars for 2014

So Red Bull it suits them to field JEV in the other car so Sainz and Lynn could fill the STR seat

Ferrari might want to field 3 world champions in their cars so be interesting to see which 3

Not sure they want a rookie or a young developing driver in their team at the moment

gethinceri Usually Ferrari want to show they mean business next season and I don't see the logic in putting Ocon who impressed in the 3rd car for them

Putting 3 world champions would be a real statement of intent

Back
Top Bottom