2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Taken from Nasr's blog (translation)

"It is a very important step in my career signing as official driver for Sauber F1 Team for World Championship F1 2015. An unforgettable moment that I owe to all those who supported me, my family, friends, teams, sponsors and our throughout Brazil !! What pride could take our colors and our name on the tracks. "

I think it was only a testing contract and that must have finished I guess. Either that or he's still under contract there but being loaned out until Massa calls it quits perhaps?

The thing is, Susie Wolff can't go on forever either and they need someone in the wings to replace her. Finding a test driver with that level of talent could be quite tough.

Has Nasr been loaned to Sauber so to speak by Williams because the natural thing for Williams to do is replace Massa with Nasr to keep their Brazilian sponsors happy eventually

Nasr is going to attract South American sponsors to Sauber - just in time for Brazilian GP so the team can soldier on another season

I suspect Gutierrez will be back next season simply because of the money he brings. Telemex team Caterham anyone?

Back
Top Bottom