Football 2011/12 Football Season

Hi guys just discovered this thread.

Notts County fan here and whilst you guys talk about million pound transfers our new boss Martin Allen has just signed his son Charlie and the family dog was at the training session the other day leading to rumours he may be playing on the wing!

Still - at least we're still in Div 1 - where we'll face the mighty Preston this year eh MCLS?

Most exciting news round our way is that we've been drawn away to the dirty red dogs across the trent in the first round of the Carling cup - we'll probably get stuffed but we can dream!

Just flicked onto the BBC website and it says Pompey have signed Norris. If the limit of their ambition this season is to get the bloke that runs The Cabin in Coronation Street there's not much hope.

Still - at least we're still in Div 1 - where we'll face the mighty Preston this year eh MCLS?

27th August at Deepdale, not long really, as a season ticket holder I would be going but I'll be at Spa watching Vettel wrap up the Championship.....

Man Utd spending big money this season. I think we needed it, especially with quality players like Van der Sar and Scholes retiring, and even with them we were distinctly dodgy for most of last year (still managed to win the title some how though...).

One more player (central midfielder) and I think we'll be difficult to beat. I'd be stupid to rule out Chelsea completely, but I think Man City and Liverpool could be Man Utd's main competition for the title this year. I think Arsenal will have a difficult year unless some changes are made.

Andy Lonergan to Leeds, possibly I bloody hope so, and that they give us a lot of money for him.

It seems like Gary Cahill's potential suitors are laying in limbo right now, they all know judging on the price tags associated with English players that Cahill will be marked up 10-15 million more than his true value.

To me Cahill is good but not really anything to rave about, you tell the quality of a player not in a super team or distinctly the best team, the quality shines through in lesser teams at a Man U or City whatever it may be he will be around better players essentially masking his shortcomings.

I have newly discovered this thread and I am an MK Dons fan. Before you start saying "franchise FC" and "no history" - I'd just like to point out that all of Wimbledon's trophies have been handed back to the London Borough of Merton, MK Dons regard themselves as a seperate new club to Wimbledon, only one player on MK's bookswas at Wimbledon, and MK Dons have already won two trophies (League 2 and JPT in 07/08). So, i'm happy as 'Super' Sam Baldock has rejected a move to Peterbrough (cheating :censored:'s) and stayed with us. Should be a good season for us in League 1. Promotion, here we come!

Oh dear, serious rant coming on!

Its very easy for certain people to get very upset about MK Dons existence, and I'm pretty sure they all have. But most of those people are from places with football clubs. They already have a local football club and, for some reason, believe that is a God-given right for certain people in certain places. Prior to 2002, Milton Keynes was, I believe, the biggest city in Western Europe without a football club.

This is not a new thing either. Wimbledon were considering the move north in the early 80s. By 2002, the club had not played in Wimbledon for a decade anyway, instead playing its matches in front of one man and his duck at Crystal Palace. The story goes that an away fan once tried to follow the crowds to get to a Wimbledon match and ended up at Argos.

Basically, Wimbledon had no money, no home and no fans. It was the best deal for everyone, indeed the fans who formed "AFC Wimbledon", who are probably higher than "Wimbledon FC" would be today, if it had reached its natural conclusion. Bankruptcy.

I think it's ironic in a way that AFC Wimbledon are only a league below MK Dons considering whats happened over the last 10 years. Our goal is to make sure that MK Dons don't win the league. LOL

If nothing else the Dons deserve promotion so that every one gets to see their fabulous stadium, it really is a thing of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom