Football 2011/12 Football Season

Oh what do you know,.....Cashley and the powers to be creating false hopes for the ever faithful toon army......I dont really know why I even bother. Sounds like the Oakland Athletics....oh my other team. *note to self; pick a super franchise next time and glory be thy name*

The site founder is Welsh, so it is difficult to imagine how we should deal with the news that Wales are below the Faroe Islands in the FIFA World Rankings.

The site founder is Welsh, so it is difficult to imagine how we should deal with the news that Wales are below the Faroe Islands in the FIFA World Rankings.

... we could deal with it, by trying to convince everyone that this news came from
the Faroe Islands Football Association world rankings..? :unsure:

Wales will (probably) enter Saturday's World Cup qualifying draw in the same pot as these heavyweights:

Leichtenstein
Iceland
Kazakhstan
Luxembourg
Malta
Andorra
San Marino

However, there is propensity for a very unbalanced draw.

Potential Group of Death:

Spain, France, Switzerland, Romania, Finland, Wales

Potential Group of Life:

Norway, Montenegro, Hungary, Georgia, Faroe Islands, San Marino

How are Turkey placed?

That's the other team we follow in our house.
I say other, I mean only, as Wales invariably get knocked out before they get off the bus LOL

How are Turkey placed?

This table is from Wikipedia:

CTA.jpg

You draw one team from each pot to make up a group.

Turkey, thus, will avoid France!

As a team not in pot 1, you would hope to avoid Spain, the Netherlands, Germany or Italy out of that lot. Portugal tend to start slowly in qualifying and Norway and Greece probably shouldn't be in there.

kazakhstan! they are terrible! or am i thinking of azerbajian? (if thats how you spell it)
If you think they're terrible, here's some scores from the rounds of World Cup Qualifying from around the world:

Vietnam 13-1 Macau (aggregate)
Vietnam won 6-0 in Ho Chi Minh City then 7-1 in Macau

Bahamas 10-0 Turks and Caicos Islands (aggregate)
A 4-0 away win was followed by a 6-0 victory in the Bahamas.

Indeed, there are some qualifiers being played today. Jordan are currently 0-0 at half-time in Nepal defending a 9-0 lead from the first leg and China travel to Laos with a vulnerable looking 7-2 lead.

Back
Top Bottom