Football 2011/12 Football Season

If nothing else the Dons deserve promotion so that every one gets to see their fabulous stadium, it really is a thing of beauty.

I know right, comfy seats!!! And, the concourse has now been fully closed up (apparently) so hopefully the wind won't keep blowing through the stadium when it's really cold!!!

Not long to go until the new season now :) Should be a good season providing we sign a left back and a keeper....

2 weeks tomorrow until the Boro kick off against Pompey LOL. A draw would be a good start to the season against them. Got dirty Leeds second game of the season away.

Colchester home for us :) looks like we've managed to offload lonergan, and replaced him with carroll....

@ F1Yorkshire.

Haha, not sure about that looks like you have a strikers crisis. Plus our kids did well at the end of last season, so don't play down our chances yet!

Also anyone else pig sick of seeing Leicester City buying players?

Haha, we paid about £1M to loan him for 6 months! Shows Keith Lamb knew nothing about football, still can't believe he's been given a job at the FA. But it's good for the Boro now he's gone, we're getting players in free and wages are dropping well. Reckon we'll be in for a good season but don't think the Play-offs are a realistic target, finishing in the top 10 would do me fine, cause going up to the Prem could seriously damage our club, as players want Premier League wages and we just couldn't afford to pay them it.

For Preston, we need to get out of league one as soon as possible, but I reckon F1Yorkshire can vouch for the fact that it isn't easy.

Yeah plus you only have to look at Charlton to realize just what a tough league it is to get out off. They in their third season in League 1 this season. Really hope Preston come back up at the end of the season.

Yeah think thats sensible that decision, at times when we were hit with injuries we struggled to put 7 on the bench. Plus Pompey i don't think once put 7 players on the bench at all last season, hopefully the Pompey fan can clear this one up!

The way it is with Leeds is that the more problems we have pre-season the better we do when the season finally kicks off. Our perennial problem is forgetting how to play football between the months January and April

For Preston, we need to get out of league one as soon as possible

League Two here comes Preston LOL

As for Pompey, few out, few in. I think the problem last season was more was more about contracts as some of the players had clauses which would have meant either paying their original club extra fees or the player more money. Think those players have been ditched or moved on.

Pompey managed a 0-1 loss to a pretty strong Chelsea team at the weekend but what do pre-season fixtures mean?

Also anyone else pig sick of seeing Leicester City buying players?

Sven has been sniffing around Bristol City, trying to sign Nicky Maynard. As of yet, he's been unsuccessful. Maynard was BCFC's top goal scorer a couple of seasons ago, but he's had knee injuries since then.. Bristol City have a contract extension on the table for Maynard to sign, but as of yet he hasn't signed. Maynard's contract has a year to run, so could leave in 12 months on a free.... Will NM sign for Bristol City, or will Leicester City stump enough dough for BCFC to accept the offer (which has to include a sell on fee to Crewe..)..?

At the moment, it's even money on which way things are gonna go.
Any Prem teams want to make an offer..?* :unsure:

* If not, then Nicky sign that contract extension at Bristol City! You know it makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom