Announcement πŸ’₯ Software upgrade

Should there be reactions with negative values?

• πŸ‘ Yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • πŸ‘Ž No

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
Have you seen the vote on whether we should have negative reposnses? If you round it out, 48% for, 52% against. I can see this rumbling on and on and on and on..... LOL

I've voted for inclusion of negative responses because we cannot pretend they do not exist. In reality, I am actually not sure whether an emoji is a such good thing in our lives. Maybe on the phone in shorthand and part of an SMS it is acceptable "evil or new normal" in digital age, but on a bulletin board where most of us have access to a keyboard, carefully chosen words are still the best tool humans hold over other species. I am hoping not to be part of future when we will be communicating with each other in the silent Emoji language, which de facto replaced aural grunts of a cave man.

emojis are important as youve said things dont travel well on internet & emojis are great for setting tone of message so things are misinterpreted. the like was too generic a message id think :thinking: gets the same reaction as a LOL

but negative will have to be constantly reviewed because as long as it constructive & reason as against the posts then its fine. but if it turns into a way of bullying/smear campaign against a person we will have to review. but as saying goes we will figure out how to cross that bridge when we get to it

Last edited:
Titch I completely agree. I come here for some fun and a chat with friends if I started to find negative stuff all over the place it would ruin the feel of it for me and I wouldn't want to be here either. I don't want to find angry faces and piles of poop on my posts.

Brogan, wasn't sure whether to put this here or on the how do I thread, but here will do. So under you name where it says leg end, you have a picture of a leg end. One of the new smilies is of a teddy bear, how do I get that into the section under my name please? I typed in 🧸 but all I got were the words not the picture. :disappointed::unsure::s

It's an emoji.

You can either type :teddy and matching images should appear, or use the emoji keyboard on your device.

However, there is a bug in this version which may delete the image when you submit it - that bug will be fixed in the next release.

I typed the word, nothing happened for me :( There's an emoji keyboard on my device? Sorry, you lost me there. I know where to click when I'm posting to find the emoji I want, but that option is available in the profile section, if that makes sense to you.

Doesn't really matter if it won't work, I just thought it might be nice. Thanks for the help :)

I've done it for you.

Don't worry - I didn't log in to your account, I just edited the title in the back end.

Aww thanks Brogan, you're a superstar :love: I wouldn't care if you did look in my account, I've nothing to hide, but I know you're governed by data protection rules and so on no doubt.

The site will likely be ad free going forward.

It's just not worth setting it all up for what amounts to about Β£0.18 per day.
So it should be a much better experience browsing the site when logged out.

It's a bit of a double whammy though as with the increased server costs, it's going to cost about Β£250 more per year to run the site.

The account upgrades do help though, so thank you to everyone who has contributed.

How do you contribute?

Click on your name at the top right of the page, then you will see 'upgrade account' click on there and you will see a variety of options, anything from a fiver to fifteen pounds. Oh and it's done through paypal too so it's safe which is always good to know :)

I'm looking for alternatives but I don't want to be beholden to a third party developer who may or may not be around in the future.

If any of you are familiar with Slack, I have set up a channel and can invite people: Slack

So far 6 members have signed up to Slack: Chasz, cousinDave, Greenlantern101, HansyRod, Titch and someone by the name of @Firstname Lastname :D :thinking:

If you are worried about any personal details being revealed, email addresses are not visible to anyone and you can set your display name to anything you like (ideally the same name you use here). You don't even have to enter a real first or last name when creating your Slack account, if you don't want to.

It's actually a far superior application than the old chat we had - we can have multiple rooms for example:

1567349427824.png

You can set up push alerts (or mute them), set your status, upload media, use it via an app on your phone/desktop, or via a URL if you don't want to install an app.

1567349598646.png

For anyone who regularly used to use chat for races, I would recommend signing up.

Back
Top Bottom