Announcement 💥 Software upgrade

Should there be reactions with negative values?

• 👍 Yes

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • 👎 No

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
Ironically, the original design I had planned for the site when it first started was based on the Gulf GT40 colours.

I could never get it quite right though - light blue and orange are tricky to get working together properly - it requires a lot of accent and highlight colours for text, links, etc.

The dart board one meaning "bullseye" for "you're spot on" would be one I've never seen before

The crossed hammer and spanner for "you tool" LOL

Perhaps not.

cider_and_toast you deserve a facepalm for that 😁

One thing I would add is that use of a reaction does not always mean it is directed at the poster - it could be in relation to the post content.

Although it's not always obvious what the intention is.

On the Bristol City Forum "One Team In Bristol" the mods have removed the negative reactions after a couple of users went back through old posts to deliberately put negative responses on a user they didn't like. I think they don't add a great deal if I'm honest so have voted no.

i voted yes but i would get rid of the red thumbs down but keep the unhappy face

I have filed a complant with Trading Standards as the "One Team in Bristol" forum clearly misrepresents the reality of the situation.

Should my complaint be succesful I will offer the creators of said Forum two choices:

1. Either change the name to "There is clearly more than one team in Bristol, in fact in the Bristol Saturday Youth League there are 33 teams and I suspect there are numerous others who play in various leagues across the city and its suburbs"
2. Petition to merge Bristol City and Bristol Rovers to create "A Pair of Bristols", which will make 12 year old boys snigger every time it is read out on Football Focus.

Of the available icons I particularly like the mermaids and handbags. I’m not sure what you would use them for other than decorations ! :D

If you mean the original phpBB software from about 10 years ago, the colours are similar, yes.

PhpBB_3.2_Index_page.png

Styling isn't really close though.

Oh I remember that kind of forum 😍 Back in the old days when I had some clue about how it all worked. It's all moved on too far these days and I have no clue about coding now. 🙁

I literally used to sweat when I had to go into the coding on the old forum, but I never did anything too awful thankfully.

I've added some icons to the prefixes to make them more unique.

The one for politics actually uses an icon called poo storm LOL

The poll results are pretty close.

(Perhaps I should have put a minimum threshold on the winning vote to avoid a BREXIT type scenario ... LOL)

So I've removed all of the negative scores and only positive scores remain.

If the 'negative' reactions become an issue or there is general consensus then they can be disabled completely.

1566489912974.png

Back
Top Bottom