You know you're obsessed with F1 when...

You guys dont have to come on here, it has been said. Thing is, this is where its happenningLOL

I don't actually see that much happening in "Off The (Pit) Wall" and I don't see why I should not come on any thread if I am a member and want to.

What I, and others, do want to be able to do is to post our opinions without being subjected to being bombarded with posters who are basically saying "Lewis (not they are all on first name terms with Hamilton) is the best driver ever and would win every race were it not for all the world being against him". He is a great racer, he came into F1 on a raft of good will because of his colour, and won the WDC in 2008. However, he is not a god and he is not faultless.

By the way, if you want to see real anti posts against a driver go to the Jenson Button thread and see what some of the Hamilton fans put there.

What I, and others, do want to be able to do is to post our opinions without being subjected to being bombarded with posters who are basically saying "Lewis (not they are all on first name terms with Hamilton) is the best driver ever and would win every race were it not for all the world being against him". He is a great racer, he came into F1 on a raft of good will because of his colour, and won the WDC in 2008. However, he is not a god and he is not faultless.

By the way, if you want to see real anti posts against a driver go to the Jenson Button thread and see what some of the Hamilton fans put there.

A discussion happens when the participants are generally in agreement, an argument ensues when participants hold different opinions AND believe that theirs is better

A forum for discussion will therefore tend to produce arguments regularly

As is true for example during question time at the Commons, arguments can develop were both sides (believing sincerely that they are correct) counter each statement with their own. This is not a new aspect of human social interaction, and rules are generally in place to ensure civility and productivity.

If one posts on a forum where participants are likely to have diverse opinions then one should expect arguments from time to time from others who hold opposing opinions.

If all participants obey the rules set out to cater for the eventualities of the nature of human discussion, competition and beliefs, then the only solution to getting frustrated by the opinions of others, apart from ignoring them is simply to

beat them with the superior force of your intellect

in a public forum, once your superior intellect and therefore your more valid opinion is asserted, the less valid and inferior opinion is forced to be silent by a lack of public endorsement

So instead of getting upset by the opinions of others, use the ignore function

or win the argument with your intellect, take over and put your point across

kids learn this very early, ignore someone who annoys you and they no longer annoy you, if you need them to change their minds and agree with you for you to not feel bad, there's a lot of frustration in store if you are unable to beat them

everyones obsessed with F1 and, everyone has a view and an opinion, everyone wants the last word, no one really appreciates a whinger

these are all truths:
waking up at midnight sometimes 2 and 3 in the morning to watch formula 1 (stupid time zones)
walk on the racing line
follow someone and pretend to have a slipstream (very realistically while riding a bike)
your phones ringtone is an f1 car
you fall into clinical depression during december and january

beat them with the superior force of your intellect

in a public forum, once your superior intellect and therefore your more valid opinion is asserted, the less valid and inferior opinion is forced to be silent by a lack of public endorsement

There are people who will not admit to any "superior argument". I I do not see why I should have to argue at all. I put forward my point of view, someone else puts forward theirs. Others comment what their point of view is, there is absolutely no reason to argue at all. What is objectionable when, having put forward my point of view, I am told that I may not have it because it is a forum for those who insist that, on a subject where there is no absolute right or wrong, there's is the only point of view acceptable.

So instead of getting upset by the opinions of others, use the ignore function

or win the argument with your intellect, take over and put your point across

Why are you so obsessed with having arguments? Surely a friendly agreement to differ is all that is needed. Why should I have to miss bits of a thread, or even not even knowing that a thread exists, because someone is determined that my view will not prevail?

kids learn this very early, ignore someone who annoys you and they no longer annoy you, if you need them to change their minds and agree with you for you to not feel bad, there's a lot of frustration in store if you are unable to beat them

Why not try it? If I ignore you ignore me back. I promise not to get upset. :whistle:

everyones obsessed with F1 and, everyone has a view and an opinion, everyone wants the last word, no one really appreciates a whinger

I could, of course, say that you are whinging now, but I won't. The trouble is that there are too many who insist on having the last word. Over to you.:)

When I am considering cancelling my trip to Gibralta for fear of not being able to watch the opening race before my 11:30 am flight back to the UK. Well, back to the UK mainland anyway.

You know you're obsessed with F1...

when you put your relationship with your mum at stake by completely ignoring them because you are watching FP2 and don't want to miss a second of it. She was not impressed.

when you tell your boss you haven't finished doing a job on thursday afternoon, because the place you were working had a radio to listen to friday morning practice.

when you no longer sleep on GMT time at weekends, but create a new time called F1 time where races and practice always start a few hours after you wake up.

Back
Top Bottom