You know you're obsessed with F1 when...

I was once at lunch with my parents - my friend then decided to text me 'holy ****' during Turkey last year. I couldn't get back to watch the race until later in the afternoon and then it was delayed getting onto iplayer. In the race I was waiting and waiting for something to happen, fearing the worst. Needless to say when it happened ...

A slow but in the end exciting torture. Worse than the let down of finding out the result beforehand though? Probably not.

You know you're obsessed when Fridays drag, Saturdays have only an hour of interesting viewing and you're awake on Sunday at 4.00am even when the race is in Europe - and even then Sundays drag until midday.

You know you're obsessed with F1 when...

You take the long route home so you can use a road that has a nice sweeping bend followed by the closest thing to a chicane you can find on public roads. And you continually drive your wife crazy by telling her you know you can find a few extra tenths in there somewhere.

Snap, my wife or more importantly her company often question why her tyres need replacing so often............I tell her she should check the pressures every week and if she neglects to do so then she will see quicker wear. As her husband and a gentleman :snigger: I could offer to do it for her, but then I'd only have myself to blame and that just won't stand I'm affraid LOL

Not only that but it is rather unseemly doing car maintenance tasks for your wife since that is a clearly chauvinistic and patronising thing to do. :(
Don't be silly - I would love a chap to come along and sort my car out - I might even make him a sandwich

It's one of those things I found quite handy being hooked up with a feminist and adopting the "new man" approach. I had a whole new list of reasons why I didn't have to do something - and therefore relax and watch F1 on Sundays for instance. When I 'm fortunate to hook up with someone less hung up or too "PC", then I will happily revert to good ol' fashioned chivalry. Right now I don't have to be anything to anyone ... and that's quite nice :)8-):chuffed:

Back
Top Bottom