War of Words Continues...

To me it almost perfectly mirrors the Hamilton-Kobayashi incident of last year.

Both drivers have made the pass and they both move onto the line they intend to take for the next corner.
Unfortunately there was already a car occupying that space.
I don't think that Narain needed to be in that space though. He had a metre or more of track to his left by the time the collision happened. You can see this clearly in the head on stills on the 3rd page of this thread. Narain moved at least as far right as Vettel moved left....

... and this is not the first time Herbert and his chums in the stewards room have made a :censored: decision. We are reassured, then, that the nitpicking bullcrap will continue. Get your tin-foil hats ready for the next one, folk's.:goodday:
Did you see the Sky F1 show Fenders where he explained the penalty given to Narain? I almost never disagree with you, but I'm afraid on this one I do. I think the stewards got it right, but the only angle that shows this is the head on that i hadn't seen before last night. Before I saw that I was of the same opinion as you now, but seeing / hearing that changed my view.

The problem with the head on view is that the camera is 1) zooming in at the time and 2) foreshortening the view. The head on view replays I've seen leave out the sequence of events leading up to the incident. Replays of the incident viewed from behind clearly show Narain's car is unsettled as it goes over the wet patch. The view that would give us the most accurate representaion would be from a helicopter shooting from directly above. The fact is that viewed at real-time one can see that the actual incident happens within the space of a couple of seconds. I think about it like this. Even though I have slowed to let a couple of guys by, I'm stll hurtling at a fair lick round a turn, my front left bounces over the kerb and the car is unsettled. How much room would I like the next guy passing to give me? My answer to myself was: More than Narain got. So my opinion is that at worst both Seb and Narain made very small misjudgements. The reason I say Vettel made a mistake is because he had stacks of room to make a clean pass and even the head on video shows that to be the case.

To me it almost perfectly mirrors the Hamilton-Kobayashi incident of last year.

Both drivers have made the pass and they both move onto the line they intend to take for the next corner.
Unfortunately there was already a car occupying that space.

To me the only similarities I see with those 2 incidents are a the front car's left rear having contact with the second car's right front and David Coulthard defending the wrong guy on both occasions,though in the SV/NK one he admitted afterwards in an interview with Christian Horner that "one of the things he hadn't quite picked up was that they weren't actually racing for position":thumbsup:

I think the least Vettel can do in one of the next races is unexpectedly bumping into Narain's rear saying:"here you idiot,that's for calling me a cry baby!":twisted:

Didn't Narain admit that it was his action that caused the accident?

I thought the controversy was about Vettel's interview style and the subsequent steward decision that it was avoidable.

I thought Seb was out of order on his comments, but then I guess tired and frustrated drove that to a degree. Narain was not so bad with his ultimate riposte, but did not have the same excuses, although did have a penalty for deciding to risk Seb's wing rather than take the honourable way out in a fireball.

So.... China :whistle:

Vettel has called Narain a cucumber aparantly that's an insult in Germany...
That reminds me of when I had one of my biggest ever laughing fits, when a workmate said "Isn't it funny that queue jumpers always come from behind" but I misheard him, thinking he'd said "cucumbers". The thought of a cucumber coming from behind just cracked us both up.

Off topic (sort of).

I was in my office in Istanbul once and heard lots of car horns and shouting, and one particular phrase stood out amongst all the swearing, which was "Hıyar ağasi!".

Which literally translated means "Lord of the cucumbers!" LOL

Back
Top Bottom