War of Words Continues...

Talking of respect perhaps we should respect Narians wishes and move on.

I am amazed by the reaction in the media, but I think everyone has to calm down now," Karthikeyan told AUTOSPORT. "I think we have to deal with it in a mature way and forget about it."

Talking of respect perhaps we should respect Narians wishes and move on.

Well, it's all been said now. At least until Vettel either apologises or refuses to in his next interview, where he will inevitably be asked to comment. Then we'll all be back on here discussing it again.

Are you kidding this is the best publicity Narain is ever likely to get a week or so after the race and he is still being talked about it must be like manna from heaven for him... I'll certainly be keeping an eye on him in China... It's all good..

Are you kidding this is the best publicity Narain is ever likely to get a week or so after the race and he is still being talked about it must be like manna from heaven for him... I'll certainly be keeping an eye on him in China... It's all good..
The cameras are bound to be on Karthikeyan in China in the very likely event that Vettel laps him at some point. HRT might even find a title sponsor with all the publicity Karthikeyan's getting.

Ok this is all getting a bit WWE now isn't it?

Maybe thats how Narain should sort it out in his next interview, grab the mic get close to the camera and screem "you and me Vettel! one on one in a HRT! then we'll see who's the real people's champion!..............Can you small what Karthikeyen's cookin!"

I know i'd watch it.

Not arrogant at all, are they?
Blimey not even Ferrari were were up their own arses enough to do that when Schumacher was racing for them, get rid of the blue flag that's what I say, if they are 7 or eight seconds a lap quicker and they are in a different league and have the best driver then they shouldn't have any problem passing should they?

They don't use blue flags in the Ginetta cup where the G55's are racing on the same track and at the same time as the lower class G50's and they really are just kids 14 year old girls some of em...

Ok this is all getting a bit WWE now isn't it?

Maybe thats how Narain should sort it out in his next interview, grab the mic get close to the camera and screem "you and me Vettel! one on one in a HRT! then we'll see who's the real people's champion!..............Can you small what Karthikeyen's cookin!"

I know i'd watch it.
Like Robbie Williams vs that Oasis dude..

Blimey not even Ferrari were were up their own arses enough to do that when Schumacher was racing for them
Jean Todt walking down the pitlane mid race to McLaren's pitwall to tell them to get Coulthard out of Schumacher's way at Spa '98 when he was lapping him?

get rid of the blue flag that's what I say, if they are 7 or eight seconds a lap quicker and they are in a different league and have the best driver then they shouldn't have any problem passing should they?

Without blue flags it would inevitably lead to situations where a backmarker lets through a car from a team they're associated with (eg. engine supplier) then holds up or even crashes (be it intentional or not) with the associated team's rival. I think having blue flags is the lesser of 2 evils.

Jean Todt walking down the pitlane mid race to McLaren's pitwall to tell them to get Coulthard out of Schumacher's way at Spa '98 when he was lapping him?

Well, it was reasonable to assume that Coulthard might (contractually) not want to see Schumi take 10 points out of Hakkinen's Championship.

If I were Luis-Perez Sala, I'd send my team manager to Red Bull and McLaren saying "we'd rather your guys didn't run into us".

Well, it was reasonable to assume that Coulthard might (contractually) not want to see Schumi take 10 points out of Hakkinen's Championship.
True. As i said in my post, backmarkers will hold up rivals to those they are associated with and I just don't think cars that are a lap down should be dictating race or potential championship outcomes.

True. As i said in my post, backmarkers will hold up rivals to those they are associated with and I just don't think cars that are a lap down should be dictating race or potential championship outcomes.

Unless you retire lapped drivers, ala bicycle track pursuit, they are always going to be an obstacle of sorts. If you call them cucumbers they may even become bigger obstacles in the future.

Unless you retire lapped drivers, ala bicycle track pursuit, they are always going to be an obstacle of sorts. If you call them cucumbers they may even become bigger obstacles in the future.
I'm not saying go to the extreme of retiring lapped drivers, I'm just saying that they shouldn't go to the opposite extreme of no blue flags which Mephistopheles suggested. No blue flags allowing lapped cars to fight with the leaders might make a race like the 2011 Spanish GP slightly more interesting where only 4 cars finished on the lead lap, but it also leaves open the door for say Mark Webber and the 2 Toro Rosso's to create a train of cars behind them whilst Vettel runs away in the lead.

Having blue flags is the lesser of two evils as long as backmarkers are consistent and sensible about how long they hold up cars, where they let them through and lapping cars show them respect as they do so. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen but it's better than nothing.

Whilst I dislike the comments Vettel made, I wish more drivers made comments about how they really feel. Too many times we see a driver come in with a thinly veiled smle and say "that's racing", and yes it is but all I can say is that if it were me I'd be furious that some plonker had taken me out.

Back
Top Bottom