War of Words Continues...

It doesn't do you any favours to be the bad guy in F1 and so, truth or no truth, Vettel will need to learn a bit of self control and, dare I say it, a bit of humility.

Whilst I dislike the comments Vettel made, I wish more drivers made comments about how they really feel. Too many times we see a driver come in with a thinly veiled smle and say "that's racing", and yes it is but all I can say is that if it were me I'd be furious that some plonker had taken me out.

That would dispel the myth of all 'true racers' being 'ballsy guys' who put their heart and soul into each race - personally, I don't want to watch a covey of divas crying when they hit the wrong note.

That would dispel the myth of all 'true racers' being 'ballsy guys' who put their heart and soul into each race - personally, I don't want to watch a covey of divas crying when they hit the wrong note.

I'm not saying I want to hear the drivers whine after a bad race. Simply that they don't hide behind a facade and shrug an incident off as nothing when it would be severy annoying to a lot of people.

There is magic in that finger of Vettel's... dark magic!

tumblr_m1lpleDfFs1r8kneko1_500.jpg

cucumber.jpg

I'm not saying I want to hear the drivers whine after a bad race. Simply that they don't hide behind a facade and shrug an incident off as nothing when it would be severy annoying to a lot of people.
I understand that, but do think they are better off if they stay schtum and get on with the job in hand - even the 'greatest' make mistakes and should move on as quickly as possible - if they want to bleat they should talk to their manager or their Mum.

I think they should show their emotion, it's just that there is no place in this world for offensive or humiliating comments.

When part of your job is to be quoted by the world's media you have a responsibility to accept when you have accidentally crossed this line, and if you don't know to do this and accept your error, you have no right to be in that position.

True. As i said in my post, backmarkers will hold up rivals to those they are associated with and I just don't think cars that are a lap down should be dictating race or potential championship outcomes.
As there is a one move rule and it is against the rules to block I don't see how back markers could hold up the faster cars..

All people react to disappointment in different ways to say I like to see a driver show emotions is irrelevant and if the driver does say stupid things in the heat of the moment then he should apologize later.

One of the best reactions from a driver I've ever seen was in Canada when Hamilton hit Kimi in the pit lane, Kimi simply got out of his car put his hand on Hamilton's shoulder pointed at the red light and then turned and walked away, absolute class in a glass it said everything that needed to be said..

As there is a one move rule and it is against the rules to block I don't see how back markers could hold up the faster cars..
Did you see Massa's defense against Button in Malaysia for a number of laps in an inferior car?

In the 2011 Spanish GP only 4 cars finished on the lead lap, 11 cars finished 1 lap down, 3 cars 2 laps down and 3 cars >3 laps down. It's a notoriously difficult track to overtake on even with DRS and a faster car. If there were no blue flags the leaders would have to make a massive amount of pointless overtakes on backmarkers who they're not even really racing. As team orders are allowed, I'm pretty sure the Toro Rosso drivers would just let the Red Bull drivers through whilst defending from anyone else who tried to lap them, giving Red Bull an unfair advantage.

No blue flags would just create overtakes for the 'show', not for any real purpose other than allowing lapped cars to help those that they are associated with.

I think my point is that even with blue flags cars can't just disappear into thin air the driver doing the passing must take some responsibility if there is a coming together saying Narain should not be in the way or HRT shouldn't be on the track is RedBull trying to sell me a wagon load of bullshit and I ain't buying any...

Jean Todt walking down the pitlane mid race to McLaren's pitwall to tell them to get Coulthard out of Schumacher's way at Spa '98 when he was lapping him?

Without blue flags it would inevitably lead to situations where a backmarker lets through a car from a team they're associated with (eg. engine supplier) then holds up or even crashes (be it intentional or not) with the associated team's rival. I think having blue flags is the lesser of 2 evils.

So we have the situation of blue flags shifting all being-lapped cars out of the way of the glorious leaders (who should, if they're good enough, be able to get past backmarkers just as well as they got past other racers on the same lap, IMO) and then under SC the same backmarkers can crawl through the leading drivers and unlap themselves.
WTF is going on here? Blue flags force backmarkers even further behind (by screwing up backmarkers' races relative to other drivers that they're competing against, possibly for points) whereas if there's a SC all the blue flags work is cancelled.
Am I the only one who thinks this is at best bizarre and at worst contradictory and therefore damn stupid?

In my opinion it is the Safety Car regulation that is wrong - the lapped runners could simply come through the pit lane. But thats another story...

They might find themselves sitting there for a long time as they wait to join the back of the pack. This could cause some terminal damage as they overheat.

[edit] maybe :thinking:

What if they followed the Safety Car in; they'd be going slower...

Ah. I misunderstood. I thought you meant come into the pits and wait to join the back of the train, in which case they would be stationary. Following the safety car in makes much more sense.

Back
Top Bottom