Vettel's next team mate SPECULATIONOMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say?

@Slyboogy,here you have it (source autosport.com)

Obviously things are hotting up in the search for your new team-mate - lots of discussions going on. What, to you... what do you feel would be the ideal characteristics of the person sitting in the car on the other side of the garage next season?

SV: At the end of the day I think it doesn't really matter too much. I think ideally you would like someone who is competitive, as competitive as you are, so that we are pushing each other. You don't have to be best friends with whoever is racing next to you. At the end of the day you have to work for the team. I think that's one of the most important bits, so you work in the same direction and hopefully ensure that the car gets faster, you pull in the same direction in terms of car development. I think that's the most important thing. Whether you like each or not is not that important. If it's the case, then probably it's a bonus, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

I think Vettel was asked again on Sunday about Ricciardo and he did reference to his own position that being part of the Red Bull family helps and saying people thought he was not ready to step up into a big team

Think he rather has Raikkonen as a teammate than Ricciardo. Like he said, he wants someone that is as competitive as him and from Kimi we now he's quick, Daniel on the otherhand is still a question-mark.

Maybe because he knows he won;t have to worry whether Helmut is going to favour him or Daniel.

Kimi on the other hand does not care about the politics and just drives

Besides losing to another former world champion would sound a bit more respectable than losing to a fellow Red Bull graduate who could force you out of the team

Being as he's the best driver in the world right now I'm pretty sure he's not going to lose to anyone for too long whoever it is.

There's only ever been one great Australian driver and he came from New Zealand, but his name was Bruce..LOL

Oh all right then, I'll give you Jack Brabham.

Last edited:
Quick question.

Who said this about Sebastian Vettel in the 2007 season and why?:snigger:

"It's kids isn't it... kids with not enough experience – you do a good job and then they **** it all up."

Last edited:
teabagyokel

Then Vettel has nothing to fear from him being his teammate then

'------------------

Mephistopheles

Fuji 2007 - I think RasputinLives mentioned Mark actually vomited during the race and so it really did peev him off it was Vettel who was not watching him and ran into the back of him

it actually reduced Seb to tears . Vettel for his part did apologise to Webber for giving Red Bull their first victory via STR at Monza 08

Seb got given a 10 place grid penalty initially and then it was rescinded with a telling off after evidence came about via Youtube about Hamilton's supposed wayward driving behind the safety car was the cause

Yeah Webber was really not well that day their is footage somewhere of him talking to the team on the radio in the trudge behind the safety car before the race started saying he'd just been sick and then you hear him actually throw up on the radio. They tell him to box but he decides to keep going. I do forgive him for his usual slagging off of younger drivers (Although I maintain that Webber is also somewhat of a bully towards new young drivers hitting the front) on this occasion as it was a pretty crazy race and they shoved the mike in his face before he even got back to the pits and saw what happened. I don't think Webber can be portioned any bit of the blame for Fiji but I don't think it was all Vettels fault either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom