Vettel to leave Red Bull?

FFS at Monaco yes he said come on guys on the radio but he was not moaning at the team he was saying to them come on lets retire the car because we are ruining other people races,,, that isn't whining that being considerate to other drivers.

What is it then, does he have to be winning all the time to stop people slagging him off? The poor kid is booed if he is winning and slagged off if he isn't...

Last edited:
As for him being tired after 4 straight WDCS, I will point out the obvious: only 2 other people in human history knew how much effort it took to win 4 straight WDCs. We have absolutely no clue about it.

Its incredibly difficult to keep up the sort of concentration necessary for what he has done, and definitely mentally and emotionally draining. Cut the man some slack, these guys are only human. We complain about drivers not being approachable and having no personality but the moment they make a mistake or show some sign of being a human and not a car-driving machine we criticize them. It happens guys.

I honestly can't think of any time Vettel has whined about how bad the car or engine is but I suppose if you want to consider objective, constructive criticism as whining then yeah, he's been whining his balls off.
As the old saying goes, "its not what you say, its how you say it". I wouldnt call most of what he's said this season as constructive criticism.

As tiresome as I found it to watch his apparently effortless destruction of the field over the last few years (it wasn't fun to watch really, especially not that insufferable digit), a certain amount of cap-doffage was due for his achievements. People are awfully quick to condemn him for not gelling with his current mount as well as Ricciardo has done.

As for leaving Red Bull? I can't help but feel he'd like to get another title with RBR before trying his hand at another team.

I think people underestimate Renault who have taken a lot of serious flak .... they pioneered turbos and not everyone was convinced but it took them 3 or 4 years to get it right and they were just about the fastest turbo cars until BMW stole a march on them in the 1980s

When they came back in 1989 it took them a while to show how good their engine was until Williams finally put some world class drivers in their car and got Newey to design superb chassis

When Renault went for 111 degree engine which kept breaking down and Benetton had done very little testing - they were savaged but they kept with the concept and eventually made improvements to Team Enstone with their engines to be world champions with Alonso

So I think Renault should be able to make up some of the deficit next season and Red Bull will not have a season like this one unless the chassis designed turns out to be a pig

I always felt sorry for Tyrrell. It took them until 1984 for them to have the best naturally asperated engine in F1 and they get banned 2/3 of the way through the season. There's no justice.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how Red Bull got so rich? I've tried their drink and it is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever ingested and on top of that it gave me heart palpitations...

Mephistopheles clever marketing

The drink is actually Thai origin and Dietrich bought the rights to market the brand and logo as Red Bull worldwide as an energy drink.

The marketing ploy is to represent a brand that is youthful , rebellious, energetic and daring. Therefore the brand appeals to extreme sports or sports that appeal to people who like a challenge and something different.

Now this would exclude middle class sports .

Where Red Bull were smart is by targeting the sports which appeal to youthful , and rebellious young people grew massively which caught both Pepsi and Coca cola napping from which meant they grew massively especially in the US

whilst they also market themselves as some energy boost drink as an alternative to brands like Lucozade and other sport energy drink and the fact it can help improve the concentration levels of people for a short period of time

------------------------------------

They did not tell you the side effects of excessive consumption of their product as their target market - the youth ( teenagers / young adults) treated the drink like a substitute for Coca Cola

or people misused it as a substitute for coffee and causing some serious health problems as it is been banned in some countries

Well I can tell you that it did not agree with me at all, my heart started racing and it felt like it was pumping out of my chest in fact it was a scary and extremely unpleasant experience and not something I would expect from a soft drink and I only drank one can with no Vodka..

Last edited:
Well Mephistopheles I can honestly say that i once drank more than 6 cans a day.
Heck i even drink double cups of coffee (nespresso, small cups) and a bull in the morning and am still sleepy. :)

Mephistopheles Bushi Whilst it did help with the additional alertness for about 90 minutes. I felt very jittery afterwards..my old manager use to down at least 3 cans a day because she was under relentless work pressure and I cannot believe no one at work showed any slight concern that she was relying on the drinks to get through

It was crazy. 1 can is about 27 cups of coffee

--------------

Now racing drivers like Vettel should not have a problem because they have balanced diets and work out regularly to keep in shape for racing but any one who is over worked , lacking excercise and have heart or underlying health problems this is a NO NO

Back
Top Bottom