Vettel to leave Red Bull?

I don't think Vettel has anywhere to go if he wants a competitive drive. He might go to McLaren, but that would only be for the money.

Merc is full. Hamilton & Rosberg are going nowhere and the team aren't stupid enough to break a formula that is clearly working. Williams couldn't afford Vettel, even if he gambled on them carrying their good form into next year. Ferrari? After Vettel's struggles this year with DR and KR getting mullered by Alonso, he would be bonkers to take Fernando on at Ferrari now.

McLaren? A midfield team, with a substandard chassis and a brand new engine next year. A bit of a gamble, don't you think? The only reason for going there would be $$$s. Vettel has been underpaid in comparison with Lewis, Nico, Fernando and Jenson over the last five years. He might be feeling sore about that and fear that his market value will get hammered by another year being beaten by Danny.

Anyone else? Never in a million years.

All this speculation originates from Marko's comments right? And I suppose that is the only person whose interest's might be served by this ludicrous thought.

Jez pretty much nailed it above and others have as well in this thread. Seb will be in a purple car again next year.

KekeTheKing

Mentioning Vettel has several effects

- Remind everyone who he is and that he is still in demand

- unsettles the drivers in the other teams namely targetting Mercedes - who seem to have developed a real heated rivalry

He's not going anywhere next season. The season after that if Ricciardo continues to have the upperhand? A different question entirely.

According to Horner, Vettel is exhausted !

I thought he was an F1 driver, paid to be very fit and try to win races. Not to have a fit if the vapours!

Exhaustion comes in a variety of forms Titch and after the efforts of 4 back to back Championships it's not surprising he's a bit jaded. You combine that with a car not particularly to his liking, some rough technical problems and a team mate who few of us thought would challenge him he probably not at the top of his game mentally. Somehow I think we might see a different Vettel in the second half of the season, his biggest potential problem is grid penalties due to the various car failures through the first half.

What's the old expression, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Well as a top of the pack F1 driver, he should have more mental stamina. If he starts wobbling, his pay will drop. No one wants to pay top dollar for someone who needs to be cosseted because he's worked hard for 4 years, and doesn't really like the new car.
I'm sorry I know that sound hard hearted, I'm not really.
But he's a quality driver, and I rated him better than that.

Well as a top of the pack F1 driver, he should have more mental stamina. If he starts wobbling, his pay will drop. No one wants to pay top dollar for someone who needs to be cosseted because he's worked hard for 4 years, and doesn't really like the new car.
I'm sorry I know that sound hard hearted, I'm not really.
But he's a quality driver, and I rated him better than that.
I dont think thats hard hearted at all. He's paid a lot of money to do a job. Quit whining and get it done.

Titch FB

Not sure how you can call him being exhausted when he has had the best car for the past 4 seasons and keeps disappearing into the distance after the first corner and wins by 30 seconds and his nearest challenger who should be his team mate is usually nowhere in site.

If he wants to be like his idol Schumacher he should knuckle down and not whine about how bad Renault is or is his team not doing a proper job

He's got Newey who generally designs very driver friendly cars and its not like he's had to fight his teammate hard like Senna/ Prost or Hamilton/ Button

Titch
Is he exhausted because no longer winning and constantly getting beat .... gosh there are 19 other guys who want to drive the cars he has been having for the past 5 years

At Monaco he moaned and then apologised to the team which I think tells you all you need to know about the man. On testing, here's a quote from The Telegraph on pre-season:

Despite claims the 26-year-old had been throwing a “hissy fit” as the team struggled – reports which were dismissed on Saturday by team principal Christian Horner as “complete and utter rubbish” – Vettel kept smiling, and even helped push his stricken RB10 back to the garage.

“There’s no point being too emotional about it at this stage,” Vettel said on Saturday night. “We have to take it step by step.”

Moaning git!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...Sebastian-Vettel-fails-to-complete-a-lap.html

Back
Top Bottom