Vettel to leave Red Bull?

Youd think that a 4X WDC like Vettel would have more mental toughness than that. Youd think that, no matter how fatigued, tired or frustrated he was, he'd never let it show.
The last thing a lion wants is for the other animals in the jungle to see that he's hurting.

Probably, like many of you, I hadn't read the interview with Christian Horner which is being quoted and which CH told Sky yesterday was being taken out of context. So I had a bit of a search around the web and here's the quote:

"It is a combination of several things," Auto Bild Motorsport and Reuters reported Horner as saying. "First, when you have fought for the title for five years, it does wear you out a little bit, but that is not the fundamental problem. The way Sebastian brought out those extra tenths from the car in recent years was quite unique. He is very sensitive to the behaviour of the car, especially when braking."
Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/170993.html#kQKLvEAlHJqLgGbO.99

I think we can safely consign that one to journalists searching for a headline.

I would not be surprised given Seb's age which fits Mclaren's plans but surely there will have to be a bidding war between Mclaren and Ferrari

I don't like Vettel's finger but then again I didn't like Jenson's cringeworthy singing when he won the WDC or Alonso's impression of a Bull when he wins or Hamilton's this is my best win ever speech or Schumacher's fake blubbing, although I thought his star jump punch the air thing was okay..

But I especially don't like drivers being booed on the podium..

Last edited:
Mclaren may want Vettel but not sure if Seb would consider it given his teammate would be potentially Vandoorn, Magnussen or Alonso

2 of them Ron would want to do well and ALonso off course is going to play the political game with him

Newey has nothing to achieve to go back to Mclaren because he left on bad terms with his U turn on joining Jaguar and he has dreams of doing the Americas cup with yachting

Only Ferrari might be termpting for Newey but dont see that happening unless Vettel convinces him

Il_leone ...... There wouldn't be any political games from Alonso. If he was to return to McLaren terms of their agreement would be discussed and if a contract was signed Alonso would expect Ron Dennis to be a man of his word, he wasn't last time.
Regarding Adrian Newey, the Americas Cup is not a dream, it is happening which is why we will see less and less of Newey. Anyone who understands the Americas Cup will also understand it will totally consume Adrian Newey, probably even more than he realizes.

I don't understand why people still think that Newey is still available to be recruited by other teams when he isn't, RedBull have well and truly cut that avenue off by allowing him to pursue other interests outside F1 or more accurately designing a boat for the America's cup funded by them, basically they have said if we can't have him designing our cars then nobody can I thought everyone knew this the reason he will not be tempted away from this new project is because he does not want to be, he has made his point in F1 and now he wants to do something different.

Why do people still think he will be designing F1 cars next year???

There wouldn't be any political games from Alonso.

That actually made me snort with laughter. Alonso is a graduate from the school of Flavio and consistently plays political games in the press with everyone from his team, his team mate, other drivers and the stewards. I wouldn't see a move to mclaren stopping that. Not to mention that Ron Dennis does exactly the same thing and they'll just egg each other on.

Still......he's a great driver.

Last edited:
Rory Byrne is in the same position that Newey is in at Red Bull

RasputinLives siffert_fan He has a comfortable job provided by his employers to do what he wants to pursue. Rory does not seen interested coming back to F1 full time

Kewee America's CUp was something Newey had ambitions of getting involved in when he had enough off F1 and off course Red Bull are helping fulfill his wishes

Back
Top Bottom