The Olympics 2012

*sigh*. Ah well...great day for Murray. Gold and a silver. Cruel as it is to say, Robson totally blew that in the second half of the match. Bronze in the cycling Omnium as well, just moments ago. The medal tally keeps rising.

Murray was not happy. I know he's hardly the most animated at the best of times but oh what I would give to be a mind reader after that. Hehehe.

Andy & Laura played well....brilliant in the first set
Only beaten by the World Number One Doubles Champions.....& only just beaten!
Silver Medal to add to the GB haul

F1ang-o I have to disagree. Laura was appalling in the second set and champions tie-break. Murray carried it from the second set. I doubt he'll hook up with her again any time soon.

I was only stating what we could all see. C'mon let's not romanticise this. She played poorly. It's a fact.
As it goes there's plenty of tennis players who have done amazing things at an early age, a very early age. Hingis anyone? Becker? Capriati?

I'm not decrying her efforts. Just stating the reality of the match.

They are a team , he would never have reached the final without her and vice versa. So what that a 18year old showed some nerves in an Olympic final. I like her, she seems pretty nice to me.

I'd rather prefer not to peak as early as Hingis and Capriati. They were for good for some years and then got involved in drugs, crime etc. Hingis was an arrogant :censored: anyway.

I personally don't care for the 'for their age' nonsense. There are plenty of astonishing world beating athletes/sports-people that are very young. In fact, by general population demographics most world beaters are very young, so 'for their age' applies in every case.

Sharapova took her 1st wimbledon title at 16. The main problem is the quality of the British womens tennis. We are not the powerhouse we once were.

I'm sorry but being given a red card for a first starting fault is just wrong all those years of training and nothing you can't even race they should be allowed at least one false start...

I'm talking about the 400 metres hurdles heat by the way that just happened what happens if bolt gets a false start? we will be robbed of a race in my view...

Back
Top Bottom