The Olympics 2012

In my day, it was chaps wanting to feel the bigger bosom - whatever their height! :D.

Did I really say that, :embarrassed:

With my short stature I've been lucky enough to experience what one might call a giant. I'm 5' 9" at a push and she was a 6' 1" beauty. Leeeeeggss!! :dizzy: Nom nom!! :snacks:

I just shouted the loudest for quite some time at the TV. Jamieson ONLY JUST beaten by the Hungarian chap in the 200m breaststroke final. Absolutely compelling race. I was on my feet!

When you're nose to nose, you're toes are in
When you're toes to toes your nose is in
When you're in, you have no-one to talk to.

Sorry, totally off topic.

Oh my god I saw the Super HEavyweight Boxing between Anthony Joshua of GBR and a Cuban guy (nephew of Felix Savon), which was won by Joshua. I thought it was controversial, as I had Savon ahead by a clear margin.

But that was completely overshadowed by a Japanese guy who knocked his opponent down 6(!!!) times in 3 rounds and still lost the decision. Later on this was overruled by the governing body. But wow, that was certainly the worst decision ever (I know I used similar words a couple of days ago, but things seem to be getting worse by the day).

GermanF1, you missed the more controversial bout just before that (or 2 of them). One where the opponent decided to miss the weigh in so he couldn't fight, so instead of a buy in that round the guy got a win. The other one boxer was warned in round 1 for low blows, then in round 2 the other boxer received 3 warnings and a disqual for holding, despite the fact that everyone, including the ring side judges said it was a 50/50 offense at the worst. The Iranian who got disqualled then refused to stand anywhere near the ref, pointedly shook hands wih the other corner who also said the decision was rubbish and walked out of the ring before the announcement, so is possibly facing disciplinary over not standing for the announcement.

I heard about that as well and it is utter madness. Seriously as a huge boxing fan, I really understand why no one cares about boxing anymore. It has become complete rubbish as far as...well everything...is concerned. Really sad.

Woo! Ippon! Well done Gemma Gibbons for beating the (French) World Champion and garunteeing us at least a silver!!!

Andy Murray has got through to the Semi-finals he'll play the winner of Tsonga vs Djokovic in which Novak is currently winning by 1 set to 0, no breaks so far in this set

Peter was standing :snigger: Brilliant shooting.

Screen Shot 2012-08-02 at 15.37.36.webp

Back
Top Bottom