FIA The FIA admits the controversy at the Abu Dhabi GP is “tarnishing the image of the Championship”

now if that what happened which it seems pretty real & damning. then both Jonathan Wheatley that i held responsible anyway & Michael Masi should leave their jobs.

because you cant have a member of the pitwall trying to influence the race in that way & we cant have a race director that is so easily lead

Last edited:
It’s probably not new but there was a concerted effort to keep certain transmissions away from social media.

it will be used as the FIA will have all the radio transmissions as you hope they have all the evidence that we dont have. & its not looking good. i dont know what you can do as you cant disqualify them & you cant ban wheatley for any amount of races as he doesnt care as he won a championship. if it was me i would ban him from the paddock permanently & that he can only work from the factory. make sure nobody can contact the race director again

& this explains why he snapped at toto wolff, as he's thinking clearly "what have i done"

Last edited:
I don’t really mind how mild the punishment is now, as long as both Wheatley and Masi are punished. Wheatley for lying and manipulation and Masi for not being in control of the rules and allowing himself to be influenced.
Even a reprimand is acknowledgement that this was a tarnished result and that Red Bull’s golden boy has a tainted championship engineered by his own teams’cheating.
I don’t think Masi had a ****ing clue what he was doing. Wheatley did.

I'm shocked by Damon Hill's crass responses to the original tweet. He claims not firing Masi would benefit Hamilton as he would owe him one. Basically saying it's fine to cheat as long as you balance it up by cheating again.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who originally said that the decision made by Masi was fine and to see if their views have changed on hearing this.

The Artist..... What are your thoughts?

I suppose it's whether you heard Damon say it, or read what he said, I have neither read nor heard it and Damon does have a dry sarcastic wit, so it is possible that is the case and it was a very tongue in cheek comment that doesn't transpose to paper.

I suppose it's whether you heard Damon say it, or read what he said, I have neither read nor heard it and Damon does have a dry sarcastic wit, so it is possible that is the case and it was a very tongue in cheek comment that doesn't transpose to paper.
It was Damon Hill’s tweet, he wrote it

Wheatley can ask for anything under the sun - it is his job to push for every advantage he can possibly get.

Massi on the other hand has one job….run the race in accordance with the rules,

Wheatley should be given a reprimand from FIA for unsportsmanlike conduct but Masi should be sacked unless there were mitigating circumstances (e.g. someone was literally holding a gun to his or his families heads at the time!)

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who originally said that the decision made by Masi was fine and to see if their views have changed on hearing this
yeah i defended masi as you can only go on evidence you have at the time, i cant anymore. its still not corruption but it is dereliction of duty & it is incompetence. just cant have any confidence in masi anymore as every team is going to pressure him now. like martin Brundle has said it does make me very uncomfortable

as referee said in African cup of nations final to salah. "who refereeing this game me or you,"

Last edited:
I listened to a bit of that, I'm not convinced Wheatley isn't a Jedi 'these are not the unlapped cars you are looking for, let them pass'

It seems like they were known to the teams and FIA and also within F1 circles but they certainly haven't made it out into the wider general audience or if it has it passed a lot of us by.

Forget all of the analogies offered up about football matches now. What we basically have is a manager asking the Ref to even a game up in their favour and the ref agreeing.

I can't blame Red Bull for trying it on. We've heard all of the teams at some point trying to influence the race director.

Masi was 100 percent in the wrong. The evidence is most damming when you consider Wheatley's "then we'll have us a motor race" corresponds directly with Masi's later pithy comment to Toto claiming "it's called Motor Racing".

Back
Top Bottom