The 2013 Season

Think I suggested, quite a while ago, we have one race a season at which the "World Champion" is crowned and then all the other races are just that, races. Problem is someone would still make a table for the results based on their own points system.

I think the idea of a showdown is awful!

Formula one has alwaysed used this system and always will. For years people have attempted to come up with a better system and no one has.

As for putting every driver in an identical car. There are plenty of Spec series out there if thats what ya after.

I haven't worked out my points for places for this season but, somehow, don't think the winner will change. Might have an effect lower down the table though.

The Australian Grand Prix is worth as much as Abu Dhabi, Interlagos and Singapore. It's equal to Monaco, Silverstone and Spa.

This is a fundamental principle that I can't agree to the destruction of. Most of all it is scrupulously fair. The best package wins over the year they're champions of.

The principle of fairness is worth sticking to. If Wigan or St. Helens bust their arses for a year, it's not fair for Leeds to coast in at the end and the same thing applies to this sport.

I want to see a race to be the best, not a race to win regardless of a lack of consistency or quality.

All these ideas about tweaking the show to make sure the title doesn't get decided too early are a bit rubbish, frankly.

F1 used to have the "dropped scores" rules to try and prevent walkovers, but that was in the days of crippling unreliability.

What they should do is do away with the pitlane curfew and the parc ferme rules, and let the mechanics tinker away to their hearts' content during the race weekend again - we'd soon see a few more "Webbers" going on, I expect...:snigger:

(either that, or just bar Vettel from Qualifying and make him start from the pitlane, or better yet, a lap behind...;))

Fenderman

You know they did consider a top 6 shoot out play off for the title like they do in Nascar - this was discussed in Autosport

I remember in Rugby Union - I think its the top 4 that go to play off for the championship

The team that finished first before the play offs finished 15pts ahead of second place them but they did not win the play offs therefore the title. in these cases its about peaking at the right time

You could end up with a situation where one guy wins every race in the season apart from the championship decider where his engine blows up and that's that. It would be a farce.

As for the points system discussion I've also tried fiddling with different systems and pretty much any reasonably sensibly system comes out with the same winner in the majority of cases. I personally can see an argument for awarding points right down to last place to give a fairer representation of performance for the teams who don't score (m)any points though, but this is more complicated and it's only really an advantage for the teams that aren't in the limelight. In 2010 I tried a system where a race win was worth 200pts and 23rd was worth 1pt for example.

Il_leone Le

I intended to leave this response for a while longer whilst seeing folk's reaction to that earlier post. However, I don't really want to get tagged so this to everyone else as well. The reference to the BSB system was meant in jest. Obviously people familiar with my views will know pretty well what I expect from F1 and will know that I'm not in favour of monkey business. Joke scoring systems to mess with the results are as bad as FIA controlled/dictated DRS and restricted driver aids.

As sushifiesta points out, that kind of tinkering can easily give the championship to the bloke who wasn't really winning it. Hence, I made my comment about Shaky Byrne being robbed of the BSB title. That line and the smiley face should have been a clue that I was messing with folk's.

Once again I am forced to make an abject apology for being way too subtle. :facepalm:

sushifiesta that sounds like music to the ears for the FIA given 200pts for a race win. Instead of paying the FIA 125.000$ for 25 points, than they have to pay 1.000.000$ for a race win.

Has Lewis split up with his girlfriend again? :blink:

He appears to have the confidence and self-esteem of a small Vole at the moment. :s

Last edited:
Mr. Vole - I got lots of bitches.
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 10.32.31.png

Shame isn't that one of the most talented drivers of a generation can't separate the effects of his private life from his job on the track. I hope he sorts things out soon, as well as getting a decent car from Mercedes, as his talent is currently wasting away. Who would have thought when he came into F1 with such impact in 2007 that some German bloke would have won 4 Championships to only a single title for Lewis?

From everything I saw and from the post race analysis Lewis couldn't have done any better yesterday. The inference that every poor performance or low moment is because of his love life is tiresome. I took it that he really thought he had a shot at winning this GP and ****ed it up during quali.

Ahh snowy I know that I assumed from what Brawn had said that he may have weakened it because of the way he was taking the kerbs?

Also when I refer to screwing it up, I'm not necessarily saying he had influence over what happened, just that he was buggered from that point forward.

It's not as though Hamilton had been relegated to the back of the grid. He qualified in front of Alonso and di Resta who were six and seven places behind him on the grid to say nothing of only finishing three seconds ahead of Massa who started three places behind him.

For whatever reason he had a poor race as he admits, we all expect him to do better.

I think I'm correct in this. If memory serves, there's not been a single raindrop fall during the conduct of a race this season. Starts on a wet (and drying) circuit, yes. Racing in the rain, no.

Interlagos seems the most likely fly in that ointment. There's always the threat of rain there. Along with volcanoes, tsunamis, and plagues of flies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom