The 2013 Season

I suppose we should wait and see if the detection/activation points have changed and also how long the actual zones are before casting judgement, but before this I'd like to say I think it's all a load of bollocks.

Isn't there still only 1 DRS detection point though?

I wonder whether they can have 1 or 2 DRS detection points, depending on the track. For example, in Malaysia, a single DRS detection point makes sense since both the DRS zones are next to each other (last corner and pit straight). However, other tracks (eg Bahrain), the DRS zones are in different parts of the track, may not make sense to have a single DRS zone.

Personally, I think we should have a single zone, this will bring too many superfluous overtakes IMO:no:

Saved me a job, I was half way through doing a post on what the various options were and how many races had failed to make the grade when looking for someone to fill the spot.

I've no idea why there are so many sites that haven't updated their stuff (especially the FIA?) but I was certain I'd read somewhere that it was too late now to find a slot filler. I guess it had a lot to do with not only finalizing the actual commercial deal with the track but then all the other sub-contracts to supply transport for all the equipment etc.

GETTING EXCITED :twisted:

Screen Shot 2013-03-08 at 09.41.18.png

Its still 20 races on the F1 website.
If the TBC race has really been dropped will the BBC get the option of taking another race in its place ? :thinking:

According to the F1 Racing mag, Alonso renegotiated his Ferrari contract, and the new terms where that Ferrari won't sign Vettel while Alonso himself is still at the team.

Kind of backs up the "two roosters in a henhouse" quote from do Montzemelo.

Also Vettel's understood to extend his contract with Red Bull for another two years.

In fairness Mercedes are not actually quoted as saying that. A little hype in headline and opening sentence from Autosport there.
In a nutshell he (Bob Bell) says they understand the tyres better, that's all.

I didn't want to spoil it for everyone:
"Although it didn't show it on track last year - and you could spend a day debating why that was - we did get a lot of understanding during the course of last year with the tyres and what was needed to do to manage them," said Bell.
"It didn't reflect on the performance but that may be for different reasons. But it did mean that we entered this season with a pretty firm understanding of what we needed to do to address the issues and hopefully we now proved that we got that right over the winter.
"So we go to this season in a much better shape, our eyes much more open to what we need to do with these tyres."
This bit is far more meaty. ;)

The Merc situation has me scratching my head. I refuse to believe that they've managed to make such a large jump forward compared to the rest of the teams. Some I can understand but to suddenly put them as title contenders from scraping 5th best team I don't buy.

This leaves me with three options

a) Merc are showboating to make themselves look good coz of all the money invested

b) The other teams are proper sandbagging

or

c) The Merc was a far better car last year than the drivers were showing it to be.

I know all about them working on the new car and not developing last years but in a year with little rule changes I don't see how that would be a massive advantage as developments help with the 2013 car anyways.

I'm starting to think C.

Back
Top Bottom