The 2011 Season

Exactly F1Y.
It's an inexact science and I just don't have the time to spend trying to work it all out.

A lot of the time last season the FIA didn't even put the tech reports up on the site so it really was just guesswork.

I was going to post if anyone's really interested, they can get it from here: http://www.f1wolf.com/2011-season
But reading his last entry, it would seem he's no longer continuing with the site.

Not necessarily.

They may (and quite possibly will) use a different engine for FP1 and FP2.

Or there could be a failure and they have to replace an engine or gearbox.

Virgin have already used one engine in practise. As if they didn't have enough problems.

Nice to see some better quality images but do we really still have to put up with graphics designed for a 4:3 screen?

:rolleyes:

f1.jpg

That's odd; the graphics on my widescreen set seemed ok, in that they were properly down the left hand side where they should be. And I like the new 'Pit' and 'chequered flag' symbols, I hope they stay for the race. I like the new info graphic too, showing when the KERS and DRS are being activated.
But what annoys me is that on my screen, they never show the whole grid. The last two drivers are always on 'page 2', when there is clearly enough room to accommodate them all at the same time.

So on the non-HD channel they have a lower quality program but in true widescreen, yet on the dedicated HD channel they use 4:3 graphics?

Nice job.

Perhaps an incorrect overlay setting somewhere along the line, you've definitely got a 16:9 image there. Hopefully they'll fix it for tomorrow..

Just noticed that Sauber are using a different ECU version to the rest of the teams; V1.00.0091 instead of V1.00.0092

I wonder why that is?

Just noticed that Sauber are using a different ECU version to the rest of the teams; V1.00.0091 instead of V1.00.0092

I wonder why that is?

The same happened last season, Bro. At Singapore, for example, everyone used V1.00.0080 except Force India, Lotus, McLaren and Virgin, who were on .0079. No idea why at all.

Brawn blames set-up for poor weekend

Autosport said:
Ross Brawn has blamed Mercedes GP's disappointing performance in the Australian Grand Prix on the inconsistent handling of its car.

"But we had a very messy weekend. Cars these days have got a lot of interesting systems on and we had a job keeping everything running, which means that we haven't done the fundamental work of getting the car balanced and finding the right set-up.

"It has been a disappointing weekend and we should have been able to do better than we achieved."

"The problem we have got is that the drivers don't quite know what car they are going to have each time they enter a corner," he said. "The inconsistency is the thing that makes it difficult for them.

"We have had difficulties with a number of systems on the car. There are a number of things that have got messy this weekend and the main difficulty is that drivers and engineers have not had a consistent enough car to work on."

"There are a series of upgrades planned, but what we have got to focus on is using what we've got already," he said. "The fundamentals are there and we've got to get everything to work well together over a weekend, and then we can show a much stronger performance."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90329

In light of these problems and the way Mercedes struggled it makes what McLaren did appear even more remarkable to me.

So on the non-HD channel they have a lower quality program but in true widescreen, yet on the dedicated HD channel they use 4:3 graphics?

Nice job.

Some of us don't have 50" plasma screens or sky and guess what, it's fine on our TVs ;) - ha like I'm getting out of bed at 6am on a sunday and setting up the DLP projector

Williams were looking like they were going to struggle with reliability but they've had an absolutely horrid start to the season. I really hope for some rapid improvement. I've tipped them to return in 2013.

They are running battery not flywheel KERS right?

I believe Williams are using a battery but their fly wheel system may be used at some point.

Here's an interesting thing, just been having a nose around the Toro Rosso website, apparently to make the DRS work the driver has to hold the button down but to make KERS work they press it to start and then again to stop. Is it me or is that the wrong way round? I thought the wing was supposed to close automatically as soon as the driver hit the brake at the end of the DRS zone.

http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/cs...Junior-Team--Daniel-Ricciardo-021242991106615

Back
Top Bottom