The 2010 season

MajorDanby said:
Do you put these videos together yourself?

Yes I do. I like to keep Bernie's censors on their toes.

I still cannot understand why FOM goes through such trouble to keep F1 video off the internet. I don't see how videos showing exciting and interesting aspects of the sport could have a detrimental effect on their product.

Which is why I keep on turning out videos. Mostly because I love to do it, but partly because I like sticking it to Bernie's boys at FOM.

I still cannot understand why FOM goes through such trouble to keep F1 video off the internet. I don't see how videos showing exciting and interesting aspects of the sport could have a detrimental effect on their product.

Which is why I keep on turning out videos. Mostly because I love to do it, but partly because I like sticking it to Bernie's boys at FOM.

Keep up the good work there Keke is all excellent stuff :thumbsup:

But on another note i fully agree with your point about the FOM and keeping stuff of the tinterweb, and as much as i wasn't fond of some of the things Max Mosley would quote one that did ring true was when he said that FOM had basically missed a trick in maximising it's potential with the internet. This being an obvious area.

So are there now 2 fractured teams in F1?
The reaction of the various Ferrari team members today was very interesting.

Spare a thought for Massa.
Now he knows "for sure" that he won't be permitted to even be able to try to win the WDC this season and has been firmly established as the No. 2 driver.

Brogan said:
So are there now 2 fractured teams in F1?
The reaction of the various Ferrari team members today was very interesting.

Spare a thought for Massa.
Now he knows "for sure" that he won't be permitted to even be able to try to win the WDC this season and has been firmly established as the No. 2 driver.

Always been his place Bro. The eminent number 2.

This is a priceless article on the PlanetF1 website which states "Lewis Hamilton has to defend himself against claims of favouritism following Ferrari's $100,000 fine"

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6287492/Hamilton-denies-FIA-favouritism

Given Lewis, to my mind at least, appears to have been one of the most sanctioned drivers in F1 (some right and some wrong) and, as a result of his on track behaviour, has had more rules "clarified" than any other it seems a bit rich for Ferrari to even think about making such a claim. Ho hum, thus is the way of F1 and it's fans I suppose.

The incident to which they are referring in that article was the Lewis vs Heikki move in the 2008 German Grand Prix. This is tempered somewhat by the fact he went on to pass Felipe Massa and *shudder* Nelsinho Piquet to take the win.

Again, this ignores similar 'crimes' in the 2008 Chinese Grand Prix when Raikkonen found his car slowing momentarily on lap 49 for just long enough to let Massa through!

There has been only one potential instance of this at McLaren in 2010 and Hamilton was not the benefactor originally, though he barged his way back through.

Essentially, it is just the tifosi, Alonsoista fanboys and possibly Alonso/Ferrari themselves feeling sorry because they've got something approaching a level playing field, despite all Ferrari's attempts to make F1 a non-competitive sport.

The Leaderboard That May've Been...

Not that it really matters in the slightest but I thought it was quite interesting that, under the old scoring system, the top 5 drivers are only separated by 8 points…

You have Hamilton at the top with 65 points, who is 2 points clear of Webber, who is 2 points clear of Vettel, who is 2 points clear of Button, who is 2 points clear of Alonso… Both McLaren and Red Bull are in 1st place, with 124 points each…

Lewis Hamilton - 65
Mark Webber - 63
Sebastian Vettel - 61
Jenson Button - 59
Fernando Alonso – 57

F1Lover said:
Brogan said:
Alonso and Massa are now the only 2 drivers who haven't retired from a race.

Mark is the only driver with 4 wins, all the other drivers who have won a race have 2 each.

http://cliptheapex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1295&p=13302#results
Alonso had an engine failure in the first rounds of the season
Good point, he did but he was still officially classified 13th due to completing more than 90% of the distance.
Same for Hamilton in Spain.

So perhaps I should have said Alonso and Massa are the only 2 drivers who have finished every race in a classified position.

Other noteables

Only the 3 new teams are left in drivers /constructors without a point to their name.

With Mercedes coming up empty today only Red Bull & Mclaren have scored points at every race.

Red Bull's Sunday woes kind of continue.

In qualifying this season they've scored 481 points. In races they have scored 312 points, and have hence lost 169 points on Sundays.

Sebastian Vettel has gone from 253 to 151, losing 102 points. Mark Webber has gone from 228 to 161, losing the remaining 67 points.

McLaren have gained 93 points and Ferrari have gained 8.

It is testament to their domination of qualifying that with these losses Red Bull lead both Championships. (They've lost more points than anyone bar McLaren and Ferrari had!)

They probably need to start winning with the car dominance they have, or they may find that the car dominance disappears.

Brogan said:
F1Lover said:
Brogan said:
Alonso and Massa are now the only 2 drivers who haven't retired from a race.

Mark is the only driver with 4 wins, all the other drivers who have won a race have 2 each.

http://cliptheapex.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1295&p=13302#results
Alonso had an engine failure in the first rounds of the season
Good point, he did but he was still officially classified 13th due to completing more than 90% of the distance.
Same for Hamilton in Spain.

So perhaps I should have said Alonso and Massa are the only 2 drivers who have finished every race in a classified position.
yeah thanks :chuffed: so this topic is like a "stats and facts" topic ?

It's more of just a running commentary on the whole season really, but of course it's full of the stat's and data that we all love here :D

Whatever doesn't really deserve its own thread and is related to the points, teams, drivers, etc. you can stick in here.

Back
Top Bottom