Pre-Season F1 2022

Unfortunately, Mercedes appear to have gone down a design path that is going to be extremely difficult to redesign within the course of a season.
yeah if i remember toto from imola apparently the design team forgot the golden rule if it looks too good to be true it probably is. as they said that they had this data that meant they were getting a brilliant seal & that the issue with the porposeing. for they have to get rid of the zeropods that there is issue for me because they need to make the car chunkier

The FIA have mandated a 10mm ride height increase for teams which can't eliminate porpoising sufficiently.

Mercedes are going to drop down the order and this will seal both titles for RB.

also raise the ride height. & the new cars wont work as advertised because all the new rules have been based on them being low to ground to follow closely. shouldve guessed that it was good idea executed badly

im starting to think that. this is the Road to active suspension in 2023

this is a very weird situation, as i assumed the team principals would have the best interests of the drivers at heart. but all drivers but alonso. is saying its a problem & something needs doing you got Mick Schumacher

Gasly

but team principals are trying to downplay it
Easy get a medical doctors report to show the risk of these cars then use that as your reason to change the regulations

Team principals off course are going to downplay it as long as their winning . I am waiting for a Verstappen accident and lets see what Red Bull say about his injuries and were going to hear them whining that action should have been taken earlier

And you wondered what Tom Cruise was doing in the Mercedes garage.

1657222976305.png

i was listening to the 5 live preview & it made me interested in a few things of questions from 2022.

i think overall the racing was far better than 2021. i think that the title battle did paper over the cracks that it was very tough to overtake & 2022 had certainly made it easier, although it didn't go as far as we wouldve liked these cars to be. i was expecting Formula E & we ended up with F2. so the cars have a bit to go to get the racing we all hoping for as Ditching DRS is still a long way off

Was Ricciardo that bad or was Lando Norris that good. because Daniel's form the last few years has been the biggest mystery in F1 the last few years, which is saying something when ferrari are on that grid. we all know how good Riccardo has been even as late as alpine most people where says that Ferrari should've taken Riccardio not sainz. so surely you dont lose that talent overnight & makes me think that Lando norris was that good

then i finally got a chance to have a look at the season of ferrari & partically Leclerc, it is shocking when you total how much he lost this season, because from imola, i worked out that they had lost 110pts. i was being generous in this as i didnt include any points they lost for engine grid penalties they took
Imola - lost 8pts - spun out out of 3rd
Spain - Lost 25pts - Engine gone went leading by 25 secs
Monaco - Lost 13pts - on pole, botched tyre strategy
Britain - Lost 6pts min - stayed out when everyone else pitted
France - Lost 18pts - Crashed out of the lead, But wouldve finished 2nd
Hungary - Lost 10pts - Terrible tyre strategy, started 2nd on mediums which meant 2 stopping or go on hard that FP had said avoid like the plague. so of course they chose the plague & dropped like a stone
Japan - Lost 3pts - 5 second penalty
USA - Lost 3pts - slow pitstop??
Mexico - +2 pts - no mistake but had sainz wouldve been told to move over
Brazil - lost 4pts (sprint) - stuck leclerc on inters when everyone was on softs qualified 10th not 3rd like Q2. wouldve finished 2nd not 6th
Brazil - Lost 13pts (Race) - started 6th not on the front row. likely wins the Brazilian GP

Actual Mid season --------- Mid season (no Mistakes)
Verstappen 258 ------------ Leclerc 273
Leclerc 178 ----------------- Verstappen 248

Although Leclerc doesn't win the championship, because Verstappen really was that good but instead of 146pts only 25pts & it wouldve gone down to Abu Dhabi for the 2nd year in a row

Actual season ------------- Mid season (no Mistakes)
Verstappen 454 ------------ Verstappen 443
Leclerc 308 ----------------- Leclerc 418

Last edited:
All hypothetical of course but had Leclerc put Red Bull under more pressure they themselves may have made more mistakes.

i was listening to the 5 live preview & it made me interested in a few things of questions from 2022.

i think overall the racing was far better than 2021. i think that the title battle did paper over the cracks that it was very tough to overtake & 2022 had certainly made it easier, although it didn't go as far as we wouldve liked these cars to be. i was expecting Formula E & we ended up with F2. so the cars have a bit to go to get the racing we all hoping for as Ditching DRS is still a long way off

Was Ricciardo that bad or was Lando Norris that good. because Daniel's form the last few years has been the biggest mystery in F1 the last few years, which is saying something when ferrari are on that grid. we all know how good Riccardo has been even as late as alpine most people where says that Ferrari should've taken Riccardio not sainz. so surely you dont lose that talent overnight & makes me think that Lando norris was that good

then i finally got a chance to have a look at the season of ferrari & partically Leclerc, it is shocking when you total how much he lost this season, because from imola, i worked out that they had lost 110pts. i was being generous in this as i didnt include any points they lost for engine grid penalties they took
Imola - lost 8pts - spun out out of 3rd
Spain - Lost 25pts - Engine gone went leading by 25 secs
Monaco - Lost 13pts - on pole, botched tyre strategy
Britain - Lost 6pts min - stayed out when everyone else pitted
France - Lost 18pts - Crashed out of the lead, But wouldve finished 2nd
Hungary - Lost 10pts - Terrible tyre strategy, started 2nd on mediums which meant 2 stopping or go on hard that FP had said avoid like the plague. so of course they chose the plague & dropped like a stone
Japan - Lost 3pts - 5 second penalty
USA - Lost 3pts - slow pitstop??
Mexico - +2 pts - no mistake but had sainz wouldve been told to move over
Brazil - lost 4pts (sprint) - stuck leclerc on inters when everyone was on softs qualified 10th not 3rd like Q2. wouldve finished 2nd not 6th
Brazil - Lost 13pts (Race) - started 6th not on the front row. likely wins the Brazilian GP

Actual Mid season --------- Mid season (no Mistakes)
Verstappen 258 ------------ Leclerc 273
Leclerc 178 ----------------- Verstappen 248

Although Leclerc doesn't win the championship, because Verstappen really was that good but instead of 146pts only 25pts & it wouldve gone down to Abu Dhabi for the 2nd year in a row

Actual season ------------- Mid season (no Mistakes)
Verstappen 454 ------------ Verstappen 443
Leclerc 308 ----------------- Leclerc 418
Have you calculated the losses correctly here? For instance, in Spain, Leclerc didn’t just lose 25 points, Verstappen also gained 7 points (+32 point gap). Similarly, Monaco (+16 points)

That being said, I think it’s very optimistic saying Leclerc should have won Brazil - I think he would have been racing for second place…

Have you calculated the losses correctly here? For instance, in Spain, Leclerc didn’t just lose 25 points, Verstappen also gained 7 points (+32 point gap). Similarly, Monaco (+16 points)

That being said, I think it’s very optimistic saying Leclerc should have won Brazil - I think he would have been racing for second place…
these were all my workings out & you might be right as mercedes & russell did seem to be inspired that day but with verstappens problem. leclerc wouldve been on front row with russell id say for & he had pace but couldnt show it stuck in the midfield. but i guess yes mercedes couldve just bettered them

temp 1.png

Unsurprisingly the Chinese GP has been axed but no replacement has been found so if I read it right it is Azerbaijan back to back with Miami? :dizzy:

Given how hard they strive to maintain the number of races in a season I'm shocked they haven't found a replacement. I could imagine them going back to Russia before they actually drop a race.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom