The 2010 season

The RBR has used the f-duct system in the majority of races since it was introduced. They have missed one or two GPs since, but only the low downforce circuits. It is well integrated into the chassis now.

McLarenSupremo said:
Like with the cricket, just claim Webber as english if he becomes world champion, but he's australian if he doesn't

Mark lives and owns a pub in Buckinghamshire, not far from Silverstone; how much more English could he be than that? ;)

Didn't know what to do with this, so here is a Championship Challengers' season-so-far graph!

(I was bored)

Attachments

• F110.jpg
    F110.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 232
The 2010 season shows 63 less passes (130 vs. 193) or a 32% decline between the teams from last year (that means excluding Lotus, Virgin and HRT).

That's all there is to say.
Refueling and push to pass needs to return and and these aero things (diffusers and wings) need to be thrown away.

Just been perusing the NASCAR news and caught onto the F1 championship standings over on the Fox sports site. The Americans love an interesting stat or two (why don't they enjoy cricket) but some of it really interested me, link below

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/f1/standings

The type of stats we don't often see written up this side of the pond but fascinating in their own way; when you look at the numbers of laps led, it really brings it home how often the Red Bulls have thrown away great positions on several occasions.

Brogan said:
Nice stat's.

Has Petrov really led more laps than Alonso and Massa and only 4 less than Hamilton?

I noticed that one, was trying to think where he has led any laps TBH but then I have a memory like a bucket; has Kubica really failed to lead a single lap?

The ones that stuck out for me is that Webber has led almost 6x as many laps as Hamilton and Massa has finished every lap of every race.

Also surprising is that when looking across how close the top 8 or so guys are in terms of results.

Brogan said:
MajorDanby said:
What the deal with +/- in the second column on the ESPN site? I'm confused...
Change from previous race?

Yeah i think so.

On reflection, those Fox numbers are slightly off (had a look through their results per race and cannot find Petrov as having led a single lap so assuming it is a typo) but the extra info is interesting, if I get an hour tomorrow I will try and pull together an accurate data set and put together a proper list.

I wonder why the whole laps led thing is never shown in European stats, not even Autosport seems to track it. maybe the only reason they count it in the US is because of the points awarded for leading laps in NASCAR.

Rumours are going round the paddock that FOTA has agreed to increase winter testing for 2011. 6 sessions seem to be being planned, with the last test to be Bahrain. Abu Dhabi post season will see the teams testing Pirelli tyres for the first time, and the young drivers programme is rumoured to return too.

MajorDanby said:
Rumours are going round the paddock that FOTA has agreed to increase winter testing for 2011. 6 sessions seem to be being planned, with the last test to be Bahrain. Abu Dhabi post season will see the teams testing Pirelli tyres for the first time, and the young drivers programme is rumoured to return too.

Idiot!!!!

Don't go listening to rumours on Twitter, you'll just end up looking a fool!

Testing to remain the same for 2011.

Back
Top Bottom