Pre-Season Testing Has Started

It's further evidence that F1 just doesn't understand the role that the Internet plays in the modern world. 20 years ago, an accident like this could happen and you a) wouldn't have heard a statement for a couple of days anyway and b) wouldn't have got the discussion going much further than a pub table. Now with the internet / global communications age, if you don't hear something from a team within the hour then someone starts a rumour and around and around it goes.

It's hard not to speculate considering the conflicting statements coming from his manager and McLaren. He has been described as not being injured and his scans have been described as normal then from the same sources two words have beed used, recovering and recuperating. If his scans are normal and he isn't injured what is he recovering and recuperating from and how come is he still hospitalised. My conclusion is probably no different than many others, there are obviously ongoing concerns for his health and more precisely the concussion he suffered. It appears much is still being hidden. Lets hope he's released soon and cleared to drive again.

Last edited:
Normally most drivers escape crashes far faster than Alonso, without concussion, so perhaps the personal safety devices failed in some way. These are personal and chosen by the driver not the team and are usually designed to fit the standard fitments agreed by the teams so as to allow for little or no modification on a change of driver

It's hard not to speculate considering the conflicting statements coming from his manager and McLaren. He has been described as not being injured and his scans have been described as normal then from the same sources two words have beed used, recovering and recuperating. If his scans are normal and he isn't injured what is he recovering and recuperating from and how come is he still hospitalised. My conclusion is probably no different than many others, there are obviously ongoing concerns for his health and more precisely the concussion he suffered. It appears much is still being hidden. Lets hope he's released soon and cleared to drive again.
If, as was stated, he was sedated prior to transport between track hospital and local hospital, then recovery from sedation seems the likely explanation.

It could be simple aches and pains that he is recuperating from. If you have ever been in an auto accident, you know you can be stiff and sore, and, possibly, have reduced range of motion for a week or two. And I wager none of us have been in an accident at the velocity of Alonso's, so he would have such effects magnified.

True enough, but none of us would face being inundated with press people while recuperating. It may be to ensure a measure of privacy during the process.

True siffert_fan. I was probably being a little shortsighted. There's also the issue of the Spanish doctors being protective of one of their sporting greats. I give them ten out of ten for that.

I think that I may have wandered into a soap. There are so many people jumping into conclusions without any evidence it has become just like Emmerdale earlier tonight.

Back
Top Bottom