Sky F1 2013

I have just been on the phone to sky and I asked about the F1 package moving to the sports package and it is true but if you are already receiving SkyF1HD then you will continue to do so the change will only affect new customers....

Hmm - I got the 6 months full Sports pack on the half-price offer, and throughly enjoyed having it for the Ashes, but it expires at the end of November, and I need to decide whether to keep it at the end of Oct, or face paying the full whack.

If F1 is staying with the HD package instead of Sports only, I'll listen to the cricket on TMS during the winter instead. Looks like I'd better ring Sky and check ahead though.

I have just cancelled my Sky Sports subscription on Virgin. They put the price up again. I was paying about £35 per month on top of my normal package and only watching F1.

Will have to find other ways to watch because the pricing is extortionate.

I suppose if everyone cancelled their Sky sports package, then we might stand a chance of getting some of it back on freeview.
But it will never happen, and the prices will continue to rise exponentially.

The package I have with Sky gives me unlimited broadband, telephone with free weekend calls and SkyHD+ with F1, all for 30 quid I reckon that's a bloody good deal I don't think you will be able to get it now though..

Last edited:
The package I have with Sky gives me unlimited broadband, telephone with free weekend calls and SkyHD+ with F1, all for 30 quid I reckon that's a bloody good deal I don't think you will be able to get it now though..
I don't think you would either Maphistopheles I have Sky HD+ with F1 for £35 month, no broadband, phone or owt else!!!
:(

You know what, Sky have gone a little loopy in their prices recently, and some of them don't make any sense at all. My Sky+HD box is starting to wear out, the hard drive needs replacing so I thought I would just go for the 2TB box they have at the moment, meaning I never need to worry about getting the F1 abandoned because the wife has 3 billion episodes of Geordie Shore, Catfish and other assorted vomit inducing programs. Cost is £40 if they come out and fit it, run extra cables from the dish to the front of the house and install our existing box in one of the bedrooms. Great, but the existing box is dying so I don't want to do that, I just want them to send me a box I can plug in and hopefully loose all of the afore mentioned programs at the same time ;) So no work for them, not costs for an engineer to come out, no costs for extra cables and no giving me multiroom at no extra cost, guess what, the price is suddenly over £300?!?!?!

Well they've lost the multi-room bit Canis, eventually it would cost you an extra £10 or is it £12 per room per month! Gone are the days when you could put a TV in every room if you wanted to, on just 1 TV Licence. ( Although I think that was illegal as well, but you could do it)

The single TV license will cover a whole domestic property, where it differs is in student accommodation where every room which can be locked off from the rest of the property will need an individual license. Not sure how that works in shared houses but I suppose the same rules will apply.

Back
Top Bottom