Sky F1 2013

Well having only just had Sky (and again I'm back to BBC :() I can safely say that Brundle is the only good thing about Sky's coverage. Simon Lazenby is a tit, Johnnie Herbert offers no more than a fan could tell you, Damon Hill isn't well suited to TV, there's too much focus on the 'Sky Pad', I'm not a fan of David Croft either. Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz are ok.

I do feel that, in their defence, Sky's pundits do intend to offer some sort of insight, rather than the BBC's "Isn't Eddie funny?" schtick which got boring a long, long time ago.

BBC 9 races
Sky 19 races

Even without the benefit of all the races being live, pre-season testing, practice and qualifying sessions.
Not to mention a dedicated channel which shows hours and hours of F1.

Even without all that, Sky would still win hands down because they don't have Humphrey, Coulthard and Jordan.
How I ****ing loathed the dumbing down of F1 from the BBC and those three.

Unfortunately whilst I;m tempted to I can't like that post Brogan. That trio may be bad but it's nothing like having to tolerate the rubbish amateurs we get for motor sports on Eurosport and the lower categories on just about any channel. If I were to say the name "Carlton Kerby" out loud in a motor sport fans pub I'd probably get lynched. I would name some more but I don't loathe them enough to remember their names!:D

Following on from Brogan's post a little above and reading a thread from another forum...

It's going to cost at least £41.50 a month to watch every F1 race live on British television through SKY
Even then, it won't even be in HD for that price. For that you'll have to pay another £10.00ish.
Exisiting Sky customers, hurry up if I were you and get yourself the HD only add-on only and you'll get the F1 HD channel and keep it after the changes they're proposing.
Not correct I pay 30 quid per month and that includes my telephone and broadband and at the moment you can get the same package as me for just over 20 quid per month as a new customers the only gripe I've got is that the lower price is never offered to existing customers....

Unless I threaten to leave of course....

Technically not F1 related but does anyone use the new Sky Go Extra? Is it worth the extra cash every month. Is being able to download an F1 session to watch later away from your TV a worthwhile exercise?

What exactly do you get above the normal Sky Go? Is it just the ability to download on mobile devices because it's already possible to download programs on laptops/PCs with the standard Sky Go.

Just flicked the BTCC coverage on while waiting for the F1 build up to start and so far it seems to be 5 minutes of adverts for every minute of actual coverage. Seriously ITV what are you playing at. I'm not going to moan at the ads in the Sky build up ever again.

Did anybody else see the "Guess the Track?" segment on the F1 show yesterday. Perez and Button were pretty terrible at identifying circuits from just 1 sector. JB had supreme difficulties with the 2 tracks he won at last year. Checo was completely lost. I guess knowing the circuit from the cockpit is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom