Sky F1 2013

Yup they do have lots of ad's on ITV4 but none during the races. Unfortunately they don't treat motorcycle racing with the same respect. Their coverage of the Isle of Man TT races over the past few years has been very welcome but the way they produce the shows is absolutely pathetic. Possibly because there are guaranteed to be serious accidents and one or more fatalities they only show edited highlights. Their one hour main programmes are split into at least four parts interrupted by the ad's. The first segment (10 - 12 minutes) is spent with a presenteritis slot that usually entails the presenters gossiping and giggling like hens in a chicken coop.

The Junior TT and Sidecar races last just under an hour. In their wisdom ITV cut those to around 15 minutes of highlights including build and post race interviews.The senior races run for well over an hour and those are cut to around 20 minutes. The commentaries are added in later as if it's a short circuit sprint race completely misrepresenting the atmosphere and tension of the races. A TT race is a journey and if it can't be relayed live then it is best related as a story. Murray Walker's commentaries on TT's were a fine example of how the flavour of a TT can be conveyed whilst still enthralling an audience. It's a shame that art seems to be getting lost.

I'm hoping for better from ITV come this year's event but fear they will disappoint just as they did last year. Thumbs up for their BTCC coverage though. Good commentary team and a thoroughly enjoyable package of the main event and the support classes.

Just read this from another forum:

I have found all the pirelli years pretty bad and am now not watching any more live races this year, the decision has been made. Email sent to sky as to why I wont be renewing sky go. surprisingly they replied back apologising and admitting they had many emails for the same reasons and they are approaching F1 about the problem. Got given 2 free months fo sky go and a promised further update on pirelli policy, sky also told me pirelli do NOT have a 2014 contract and other tyre companeie are been talked to.

Maybe all us Sky F1 payers should do this? LOL

Comes to a pretty pass when TV viewers have such influence. So Murdoch does rule the world :disappointed:! And 'sod off' Bernie.

Why would we all do the same? I am enjoying Sky's coverage of F1, I think it's better than that which was provided by BBC, it costs me the price of my HD upgrade which gives me a better viewing experience of many things in addition to F1.
Geth happy.

What a load of ****ing nonsense.

Did people also complain to the TV companies, threatening to not watch, when Ferrari were given unfair, biased support from the FIA?

Me happy as well as I actually saved money by switching to a complete sky package including phone and broadband, BT was costing me a fortune and it doesn't show F1

I complained to the BBC and my MP and signed that online petition, when BBC said they were giving the contract to sky,,, It made **** all difference though...

What a load of ****ing nonsense.

Did people also complain to the TV companies, threatening to not watch, when Ferrari were given unfair, biased support from the FIA?

That is why I'm surprised on several factors from that past.

First of all that Sky are getting complaints, can't say it's their fault, then them giving out free subscriptions, then stating:

"do NOT have a 2014 contract and other tyre companeie are been talked to." :s

Watched the Sky coverage of qualification today and to be honest, it's the first time I've seen Sky this year and I thought it was quite good. 100% better than the Eddie and Suzy show.

One bit that did make me laugh was the shameless plug for Autoskysport Magazine just before the start of Qually. Autoskysport editor Mark Hughes, the editor of Autoskysport very kindly provided us with some tips that were displayed as text on the bottom of the screen. These included such huge insights as "Rosberg has been quick in all three sessions and should do well". Well worked out Mr Hughes.

Another funny moment was when they asked Anthony Davidson with his "Sky Pad" (ha ha get the joke there?) who he thought would do well and he said "the man behind me" indicating Fernando Alonso of whom he had just been showing going around the track. Cut back to Anthony after the race where he uses the "Sky pad" (arf arf !!) to display Nico's lap and little Ant proudly tells us "He predicted it would be a Rosberg Pole" Erm, don't think you did Anthony.

Tonight at 7pm
Sky F1 Midweek NEWS
Adam Parr & Anthony Rowlinson join Anna Woolhouse to discuss the fall-out from last week-end's Monaco GP

Apparently the Sky F1 HD channel will only be availble for subscribers to the Sky Sports package from 9th September this year, which will cost you 30 of your Earth pounds per calendar month on top of your existing charges. Nice. :nah:

If, like me, you have no interest in grown men kicking a bag of wind around a field for ludicrous sums of money, then I would recommend availing yourself of the 6months Sports + Movies deal for £10 pm in order to see out this season.

It was bound to happen eventually...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom