Head To Head Sebastian Vettel vs Daniel Ricciardo

Well as Vettel was most people's driver of the day in Spain with his charge through the field, qualified 4th in an underpowered car at Monaco before jumping to third off the start but having to retire, I would suggest they ain't writing him off just yet.

I'm still dissapointed that we were yet again denied a fight between the two. Danny Ric goes in front in the championship for the first time. 9 points between them that makes them the closest matched pairing in the standings other than Hamilton and Rosberg.

Not a lot Vettel could do today and I, at least, can empathise with his frustration at the problems he has. Ricciardo was fantastic today and it will be fascinating to see them actually go tow to toe with reliable cars at some race this season. Let's hope Red bull are able to manage it!

Well as Vettel was most people's driver of the day in Spain with his charge through the field, qualified 4th in an underpowered car at Monaco before jumping to third off the start but having to retire, I would suggest they ain't writing him off just yet.

I'm still dissapointed that we were yet again denied a fight between the two. Danny Ric goes in front in the championship for the first time. 9 points between them that makes them the closest matched pairing in the standings other than Hamilton and Rosberg.

True but Daniel was faster in China when they were on different strategies...whilst in Malay he was with Vettel until the team fluffed his pitstop

At this rate, I think Ferrari might be thinking twice about that one.

Its an unhappy camp at Ferrari with Alonso sulking and Raikkonen not getting the breaks but also not really applying himself more

- Seb vented frustration at his team and getting beat by Daniel won't help. They can blame Renault for now. EJ thinks Seb has got no hope of the title ... it means they really would like to keep double points for the last race

I will ask once again, why does the car work for Dan but not for Seb?

We have to assume that the cars are the same, so it must be down to driver style?

Should one assume that the cars are 'slightly different', so why hasn't Seb commandeered Dan's car/new bits as he did with Webber?

Could RBR actually be running a 'no number one policy'?

Go on, give me gyp!!

I will ask once again, why does the car work for Dan but not for Seb?

Maybe Dan is more gentle with the car after years of driving dodgy cars? We know Seb likes to call his cars strange names like hungry Heiddi and 'Suzi. God knows what he's been doing to his latest squeeze.

Last edited:
I would, but now it is 'to a degree' as we are constantly told it is a team sport.

Drivers are the lowest cog in the wheel presently - although they and the team name are the ones that pull in the punters.

There wages compared to the mechanics don't suggest to me they are the lowest cog in the wheel.

You don't see the guy changing the front right wheel at Red Bull in Britains rich list do you.

This talk of car breaking makes me think about other comments about Vettel's driving style, which the team have publically said he will need to change to get on terms this year and which Vettel has conceded similarly. The driving style we talk about relates to how he likes to throw the car into corners with a bit of over-run. This in the past charged the exhaust blown diffuser and gave him more downforce through the corner. In the current formula, doing so would be detriment to the way the engines work in harvesting power under braking whilst limiting over-run on the engine. Essentially Seb is fighting the engine and the harvesting unit rather than feeding it. This could well be the root of all of his problems which are all seemingly related to the power plant.

Back
Top Bottom