On this day/old race discussions

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
I understand why cigarette sponsorship had to go but growing up watching the cars track round in mobile fag packet colours is forever etched in my mind. I can't see a McLaren without thinking of it being red and white or black and gold Lotus. Benetton will forever be the original company colours and Ferrari should be a much darker shade of red.
thats the generation because it found red & white McLaren weird as im used to silver

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
September is the month when two of the greatest F1 races of all time were run, both happened to be in Italy.

1969 was classic for the finish: four cars less than a second apart.

1967 was Clark (IMO the GOAT) at his very best.

And the talent throughout the field in those races makes today's lineups look feeble.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
On this day in 1996 Michael Schumacher won the Italian GP for Ferrari. It was the first time Ferrari had won at Monza since Gerhard Berger in 1988

Il_leone

World Champion
On this day in 1996 Michael Schumacher won the Italian GP for Ferrari. It was the first time Ferrari had won at Monza since Gerhard Berger in 1988
Hill thought he had blown his chance to be WC as Villeneuve finished out of the points

Top Bottom