New forum software - feedback wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The software is released Tuesday.

When I get the time I'll do a test installation so anyone who's interested can have a little play with it.
Any budding designers can even have a go at creating a new style...

If you wanted to use an ouside software to do race chat you could use coverititlive. It is set up per event, and is loaded as an HTML page. The events must be scheduled and cannot be used as a user initiated chat. But, it could be used as an interim solution. You must paln the event in advance, and then it has a "go live" date and time. And, it must be moderated.

Brogan said:

Wow. That does seem crazy. And pretty much dead before it could run - surely if they knew any of the code that would in itself be an infringement.

Although it looks like XF will definitely go ahead as planned - what are your intentions for CTA? Will you purchase a license ASAP or wait a while to see how others handle it?

Enja said:
Although it looks like XF will definitely go ahead as planned - what are your intentions for CTA? Will you purchase a license ASAP or wait a while to see how others handle it?
ASAP.

Although we won't be switching the site over immediately as not all the functionality is there.
I will be putting a test site up though so anyone who's interested can play.

The test forum is now available.

If anyone would like to see how the software works, please send me a PM and I'll provide the link.

Please can you keep it to yourself as this is just for testing purposes and is not intended to be made public.

When you register, please use the same username and email address as you use here.

Thanks.

Sadly, as our computers at work are still on IE6 and have more blocks than a blocky thing, I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I can get near a computer that wasn't supplied to Fred Flintstone to appreciate the new software. For the time being I'll remain an interested observer though.

The test forum has been removed.
Thanks to those who tried it out.

It may return in the future once we're in a position to start thinking about switching over.

I'm happy to report that a chat add-on has already been written for the new forum software.

I will be reinstalling it at some point this/next week so anyone who's interested will once again have the opportunity to check it out.

Would it be possible to set the new chat up in time for one of the practise sessions this weekend? We are likely to get a higher number of people logged in at the same time then.

I could but everyone would have to register in the new forum as currently there is no importer available for the existing database.

Speshal said:
Can I sign up for the new chat?
Of course chap.

As soon as I get the new forum software installed, I'll post a link so anyone who wants can sign up and play.

I've started preparing the groundwork for the switch to the new software.

Mainly moving directories and files out of the current forum structure into the root, so you may see some broken links until you refresh your browser (CTRL+F5).

Over the coming weeks I'll work on the remaining items so when we do switch there will be minimal disruption.

We won't be switching for some time yet though so it's business as usual until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom