New forum software - feedback wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have PMed those who replied with the URL of the new test forum.

If anyone else wants to check it out, please let me know.

The final piece in the puzzle was put in place this evening.
The new software now has the same spoiler button code we have here.

Well, we couldn't upgrade without TBY's quizzes now could we?

Oh and apostrophes now work in spoiler button titles (on the new forum) :)

Is it just me, or have most of the forum regulars asked to take a look. Is this Brogan trying to do a migration from old to new on the quiet? :snigger:

fat_jez said:
Is it just me, or have most of the forum regulars asked to take a look. Is this Brogan trying to do a migration from old to new on the quiet? :snigger:
I wish I could.

The migration is going to be a nightmare as there will be lots of broken stuff to clear up afterwards.

I'll have to do several trial runs before I do it for real as once I start the forum will be locked and the site will be completely down until the work is finished.

Funky new rss feed widget created :)

Just the actual content to create now for the new pages.

I say just....it's going to take weeks, if not months :D

Another update.

The content is starting to come together now so hopefully it won't be long before all of the pieces are in place.

The final step will be to go through the migration and check exactly what needs tidying up after the import.
That will be a fairly complex process but I've already got a migration plan in place so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Barring a major disaster, we should be running on the new software before the start of the new season.

For the new site we will be making use of a feature which doesn't work in Internet Explorer (there's a surprise :rolleyes: ).
Rather than compromise the whole site, I have taken the decision to utilise the feature anyway.
I'm not prepared to compromise the functionality because one browser doesn't conform to standards.

The site will be optimised for Google Chrome so I would recommend everyone to download and install it so they can benefit from all the features available.

www.google.com/chrome

It will also work fine in Firefox, but certain aspects won't appear as well rendered as they will in Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom